What's new

Another picking teller

kd5txx

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
309
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
I was in a town today that I will never be back in and stopped at some banks. So I ask one teller if she has halfs. She says " sure do, I have $7 worth." So I tell the head teller I'll buy the roll in the vault and she goes to get it. Then I walk down and see the teller who has $7 worth, cull a 64 and place it to the side and look up and say" I guess I only had $6.50 I could have sworn there was $7" She actually tried to hide it and lie to me. As much as I hate it as a CRHer, I too would cherry pick if I worked at a bank, so I get over that, but to stand there and lie? So I take the $6.50. Now, would it have been unethical to go back at lunch 2 hours later when Mrs. only $6.50 is away eating, and tell the head teller" I found two more quarters so now I can buy that last half the other teller had." ?
 
Upvote 0
Not unethical but a waste of your time. As long as I have been CRHing I have never seen a teller who would go into another teller's drawer to sell halves. It might have happened before someplace else, but I would be willing to bet that you would have had no chance at that half dollar the teller decided to keep. Especially if you are at a bank where you are not a customer (where you have an account of some type).

Jim
 
You could have asked her if its the banks policy for tellers to collect while doing business. You could then ask for her to get her manager to confirm especialy if your not comin back . Also helps if you have an account .
 
You can't really blame a teller for cherry picking some silver. Who wouldn't like to be in a position where you get to check out tons of coins, only have to pay for the keepers and not have to maintain a dumping route? However, it sure is a rude," ha ha, in your face" type of action to do it while you watch and then lie to you.
 
the other day i asked for halves from a teller, he pulls out like 8 dollars, sells em to me, then shows me that out of that stack he had taken out a 40%er, and he dumped his crap on me...then he tried telling me i should save all 76 halves and back, and wink wink, he left a few in the stack he just sold me, just for me or something...#1 dont tell me how to collect coins, im obviously a collector, and i know what 2 look for #2 i dont think anyone save anything but pre71 halves, except for him #3 dont show me what u cherry picked after u sell me ur non silver halves. #4 AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!
and, yes, a am thru.
keep it up and hh!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom