What's new

Another question about electrolysis

lumbercamp

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2006
Messages
948
Reaction score
33
Golden Thread
0
I went to an auction yesterday that was advertising a battery charger. I got it for $5. I figured I could be cleaning 2 relics at the same time, instead of just one that I am doing now. Got a crazy idea. What if I hook up 2 chargers to the same piece of iron. Would this clean the rust off twice as fast?
 
Negative, you can overcharge if you will and destroy the relic. You want a slow steady stream of bubbles comming off the artifact. Do not try to rush the process.
 
its easy to overdo electrolisis. if you use to much electricity you will just cook the item you are trying to make better. it is meant to be a slow process.
 
Just picture Alka Seltzer on a Valium...
that is the right amount and speed to the bubbling......

Trez
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom