Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got up early, early this morning and was digging at 6:00 A.M. at a park where I played baseball as a little leaguer. I recall the parents use to sit in lawn chairs along the street and cheer for their kids. Thought there might be some deep silver along that area. Got there and found the park completely changed from my youth. The ball field was basically the same but the area of interest was concreted over! And, know what ? That field was sure a lot smaller than I remember! They had put in a set of playground toys over where the wading pool use to be so I thought, what the heck I'm here, it's cool so I might as well run the playground. I found a clad quarter first thing and then as I searched near the equipment I kept getting a coin signal but wasn't sure because of the interference from the metal legs on the equipment. I turned the discrimination way down on my GTI 2500 and moved the coil ever so slowly up to the point I got interference. As I slowly backed it out I could hear a faint signal. As I held down the pinpoint or fast track button as Garrett call it, I was reading an A-5 at one inch, so the nice lady's voice confirmed. I brushed aside just a few bits of pea gravel with the tip of my Gator tool and could see the thin side of the ring as it was standing on edge with the heavier side down. My first thought was, pull tab, but the machine was reading an object similar in resistance as a dime but smaller. I flipped it over and could see it was a ring. Turns out to be a child's initial ring with the initial "S". It wouldn't even go over my pinkie. I think it is silver plate but can't tell for sure. The ring was sized right where something had been stamped into the inside and made it illegible. Anyway, it's the fourth ring in three weeks, none previous, so I must be doing something righter! (new word ). I ran around the edge of the remaining outline of the old wading pool area and by this time the sun was up and it was already getting hot, so I cut it short and headed for home. It was 7:45 A. M. and already 82 degrees. JIM

Attachments

• DSC00141.jpg
    DSC00141.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 317
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Jim!

HH

Lonewolfe

Harley digs it

Jun 27, 2005
New Brunswick, Canada
Woot, congrats. Your in the zone now. Just to find the gold one with a diamond in it now.
That's what I want to find so I can hand it over to my wife and say told you so lol.

She thinks I'm crazy to have bought a MD, but I told her I needed a hobby to get me out of the house more. She watches Friends every night and if I see another episode of that show.... I'll Snap I'll lose it.

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Nice ring find Jim,Are we going to have to rename you the RINGMAN? When you go after someting you get it.You must of been one Hell of a cop.HH

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Jimmi! Way ta go!

;)

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harley, I got my first MD for the same reason you did. In fact my wife bought it for a Christmas present. I don't watch much public TV, mostly cable , the History Channel, military and sporting stuff if I watch it at all. I'd hoped to loose some weight but it just whets my apetitie it seems! JIM

Here's a tip for newbies who like to coin shoot. Get a small coil and run it along the edge of sidewalks. I've found a ton of clad that way in areas that I know have been worked over pretty good!

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGAIN, jim?!Your on your way to something real good there jim.Great job.good luck!

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
Congrats Jimmileo, that ring sure looks like silver in the picture.

You're right about the small coil, I hardly ever take my 4" coil off any more. It's great around sidewalks, fences and playground equipment.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're in the groove now, Jimmy. Onionrings better get back here and reclaim his throne! :D

Charles

May 23, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Stingray II, AT Pro and Surfmaster II.
Hey Jimmy, Nice ring. If it has been re-sized then I would think it is a least silver. Hardly worth re-sizing a plated ring. If you don't have any Jewelery polishing cloths yet you can pick them up a Wal-Mart. They are made by Connoisseurs and in the Jewelry dept. for just under 4.00 bucks. Great for shinning Rings. They also sell a Jar of cleaner you can soak them in first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread