VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had some time today amidst the rain at 45 degrees. Left the house in no rain and when i got there it was pouring. Waited a couple minutes and it stopped. Perfect for finding surface beads! Short story....found my 6th Seneca Jesuit trade ring! I only found the top - the good part, 6 beads, a kettle point holed, nice gun flint, musket ball and a clay pipe stem. I promise a recap and it's coming soon. Will try to post the rest of the pic's of today's find tomorrow. Thank you.

View attachment A565 - 20181024_164547.bmpView attachment A566 - 20181024_183032.bmpView attachment A567 - 20181024_183933.bmpView attachment A568 - 20181024_184208.bmp

Upvote 18
Thank you Whyme !This is my 6th ring at this site! I can't wait to show more pics...

Beautiful ring, congrats

Tuff to find anything earlier than 1685 around here!!

Great stuff. I really want to find a kettle point! What is the design on the trade ring!?

Congratualtions! :occasion14:

I vote Banner it is in my book my town was founded 1826 ish so no chance of finding really old stuff I would love something like that in my humble display case lol Thanks for sharing it that is sooooo cool, Tommy

Brass kettles where a trade item in the 1600's. The Seneca Indians would cut them up into little pieces and use them for jewelry or brass arrow heads. I believe the ring is a tribute to king Louis the XIII or XIV. This is the second L with a heart ring I have found.If you click on my avitar ,click on started post you can see the other 5 rings!!

Thank you A2coins for the vote! I'll bet I dug 50 brass kettle chips to find that ring,they all read close to the same vdi. DIG EVERY THING

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back