Loomis
Jr. Member
- Joined
- May 3, 2015
- Messages
- 25
- Reaction score
- 73
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Upstate New York
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher F2
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Been working a sidewalk tear out for a good week now and after the holiday they are now doing work again. Didn't get much but I'm happy with anything, beats parks / begging for permissions any day. I did run into some trouble though as i forgot to bring my headset this time and the beeping must of gotten to this older lady, she comes out on her porch and says, "Why you been doin' dat beepin' **** all day"(I was there for an hour tops). Long story short I had to explain that it was public right of way yadda yadda and it wasn't her property. In the end she lightened up and started asking question about the hobby. At least she didn't call the cops so i guess i diffused the situation as best as i could.
On top of my posted pic's of my best finds i also found 9 wheat pennies ranging from oldest 1912 to 1955, 1 wheat is so beat I can't grab a date off it just yet. The ring below I have had a hard time ID'ing so maybe the community has an idea on what that mint mark says. Cool ring though, seems pretty vintage, I'm guessing 40's-60's. It's 20.4 grams.







On top of my posted pic's of my best finds i also found 9 wheat pennies ranging from oldest 1912 to 1955, 1 wheat is so beat I can't grab a date off it just yet. The ring below I have had a hard time ID'ing so maybe the community has an idea on what that mint mark says. Cool ring though, seems pretty vintage, I'm guessing 40's-60's. It's 20.4 grams.







Upvote
24
. The silver is in great shape, I agree, most of the very few silver coins I've collected since I started the hobby in march have always been in great shape, no complaints there lol. I'm going back to see what new sections they've dug up. I also asked the workers if they could park the excavator on the street and not on the freshly uncovered dirt(That's what they have been doing since the beginning, it really kills my total finds I think since I can't go even a foot from the thing without getting un-huntable falsing. The guys didn't have a problem with my request so I guess we'll see tonight! Thanks for checking out my hunt.






