Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked in the mirror after I awoke from a 13 hour night shift. Lord love a duck I thought I was looking at the idiot box watching a character from "The Walking Dead" or "Nation Z." With this undead I struck up a conversation.
"It's raining out!"
"So what."
"Darn cold too."
"Big deal."
"The pinched nerve in my neck is throbbing."
"Wimp!"
"But my knee is aching."
"Suck it up buttercup."
With that I said frig it and grabbed my Pro, headed to Nogo Sojo and went south east with Pink Floyd's Echo blasting. Ended up at a park that I have done about a ....gazillion times. Parked across from a Ford that had 4 teenagers in it with a sweet smelling haze fluttering out all four rolled down windows. Prayed to the patron saint of metal detectorist Saint Digalot that my car would be intact when I returned.
Limped up a main path then veered left and went mountain goating. After 15 minutes I was ready to jag it in but pushed forward. Just about hung myself out to dry in the rain as my wire to the headphones got stuck in a branch. Self started again;
"Almost did it that time."
"Sod off!"
"You should quit old man."
"Take a flying leap off the closest pier."
Two minutes later on a somewhat sharp slope the Pro sounded. You know. That sweet sound . Like Frank Sinatra in his prime. The lesche was pressed into action and the wet ground. A SILVER...more Sinatra croning...SILVER...copper, copper...SILVER, a very faint sound, rocks were moved, sound became louder, another rock was moved...SILVER! Toasty coppers were also added.

Pain was forgotten. I was done in after one hole. Gimped back to Nogo Sojo....the silver magnet.
Once home the Pro was put in the spare room beside a dejected Freedom 3 Plus who will see action the next weekend I have off at some school yard/playing field. Warming up a tad more to the Pro since it hasn't broken down in the last few months(been to Garrett 4 times).
Mr. Pain made himself known and I quickly downed 2 minute yellow pills that my with doctor had prescribed last week. Marie put supper on the table as I exited from the shower. Great meal served with a homemade blueberry wine. A warmth spread through me..........pills. Sat on the couch hoping that a Man U game was on or maybe a ball game......um season is over. Monday night Football! Thought about the days dig and how a 1917 Newfoundland quater ended up in the same hole as 3 1940 dimes. A conundrum, an Epiphany like knowing that one's digging time is nearing an end. Marie snuggled. The warmth continued............where is that dam football game!

Upvote 13

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet spill me buoy!!

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Love the Newfie! Lol, that's about as good of a one hole hunt as you'll ever have.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see the silver...I'm pretty sure I've hunted that same park...that loamy soil wreaks havoc with copper!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great digs, and a fun read... congrats to you, and bless your endeavors!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You gotta love all that silver Leslie, especially with blueberry wine and painkillers (Gawd - you could probably love rat poison with that hook up !)

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day, looks worth it to me.
I'd always head out after a long graveyard shift wondering what the heck am I doing out here lol

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Congrats on your silver haul! :notworthy: :hello2: :notworthy:

Love reading your posts to see new finds, & also because you're the funniest combination of joker & philosopher around. Have Fun! Andi

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silvers and coppers! Congrats!
Guess you showed the nay sayer who was boss!

I could have used some of that wine Sunday. Went out in the sleeting frozen mess with out gloves, didn't last long. OMG that hurt when my fingers thawed! Had to wait till they thawed to drive home! Even the pin pointer tried to stay in the truck by whining about a low battery, didn't work, I had a spare.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi L great job there looks like a huge silver haul to me !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread