Another Silver/Misc Novelties

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

Got ANOTHER 1960 D Roosie...the other was found at a park, this one at a good friends house. The story goes: I went to buy a few yard items he was getting rid of in preparation to move and we got talking about a lot of different things. We were taking the goods to my car and I decided to show him my detector...he then insisted I take it into the back yard. So I did. The house was built in 1913 and is gigantic...certainly for well to do folks in those days. Anyway, I told him that I was 99.999% sure that there would be good things in his yard, so I started to swing and about a minute later got a good 'penny' hit...a wheat penny. Then I reassured him of the detector's adage: 'Where there's wheats, there's bound to be silvers.' I could nearly smell it in the yard...you know, when you get into a place and you can almost hear the goodies crawling under your feet...hard not to totally fumble with eagerness in those situations. So, i kept swinging while he tended to his plants and pulled weeds. We had some awesome intermittent segue conversations in between digging targets. After I found two more wheats, a pin, a lead horse w/cowboy toy...I was sure i'd find a silver in there. Finally the hit came, a 1960D Roosie...no way...really?? I laughed and told him I found one a few days ago. I told him he could keep what i found, but he insisted I keep them...I was just glad to have the chance to even dig there at all. I am invited back too, so I will most certainly clue you all in after those digs. ;) I can't help but think what else is in there, seeing that I only dug casually for about 45 minutes and only a small portion of the back yard. I can't wait. :)

He kept one of the wheats, of the three that I found there, so the '44 and '56 were found there and the '41 found at a park. Also, at the same park was found the lead ball. I am wondering if this is a small musket ball? That would be really cool if it was. I was happy to find the chuck key, haha, can NEVER have enough of those around the shop. The iron item next to the horse I think is a leather rivet or stud or something of that nature. That heart pendant says, 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY', is the third heart item I have found this year. Planet X token, sobriety token I guess and a .25 cent play money coin...found next to my garage. Ok, I'm gonna stop blabbing about everything. This long weekend has been a lot of fun. I will do some digging Sunday(later today) and take my friend's son with me. He did pretty good for his first day today.

AT Pro note: It's finally coming to fruition, that I am starting to be able to hear those really deep targets...have pulled a few coins from the deep and the keys in this photo for example, although not 'precious' treasure, were literally a foot into the ground...I was a little stoked for such depth...can't wait to roll over a morgan or something like that.

Thanks for viewing and GL & HH!

Attachments

• IMG_2280.JPG
    IMG_2280.JPG
    933 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Upvote 2

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice finds and I really enjoy your narrative - feel like I am right next to you Jarl. Thanks for sharing...

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very nice assortment of items & your def, right about the chuck key. Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions