Another Silver Ring From The Fishing Hole & a Few Other Things.....

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I went back to the Colonial site after work and after about 90 minutes of finding nothing but iron and trash I decided I'll leave that spot alone for a while before trying to coax any more treasure out of the ground.

So I had maybe about 45 minutes of daylight left (including traveling time) so I decided to do a quick hunt at one of my fishing holes. I haven't been there at all this year but something told me to stop tonight so I did.

The second target I found rang up in that beautiful high tone in the mid 80's and I dug ring # 41; another silver model:

Fishing Hole Silver Aug. 25 2015 001.JPG Fishing Hole Silver Aug. 25 2015 002.JPG

It's badly tarnished but it's nice and heavy and seems to be a nice one. It was buried in some really nasty black mud about 5-6 inches down. I think it's been there a few years. It also has three marks, including .925.

Many of the silver rings I've found ring up as zinc but this one was way up there. When you drop it on the table it has that nice high, signature silver ringing sound. I love that sound. It's like music to my ears.

I also have a couple of items I found Sunday evening during an uneventful hunt at a new school field; a badly oxidized Baltimore National Aquarium medallion that should buff out nice, another Presidential dollar,( the Rutherford B. Hayes edition) and a mystery junk item with the letters "N" and "Z" on it. I don't even know why I included it in the pic but I'm too tired to shoot another one:

Fishing Hole Silver Aug. 25 2015 003.JPG Fishing Hole Silver Aug. 25 2015 004.JPG

Fishing Hole Silver Aug. 25 2015 005.JPG

That's pretty much it. It was nice to pull another nice little ring. It's been a little while.
It also saved the day and the hunt during the last few minutes of daylight. Gotta' love those last minute surprises when they show up.

Thanks for looking & HH

Last edited:
Upvote 5

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring. You never know about those "junk" items so it doesn't hurt to post them. If it is junk you lose nothing, if it turns out to be something..Bonus.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY MR. 424 WHAT A NICE SCORE.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Fishing hole is treating you Good!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done G424.

You sure have come a long way since last year. Congrats.

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done G424.

You sure have come a long way since last year. Congrats.

Thanks. I appreciate that.

I give most of the credit to leaving my BH machines behind and upgrading; not to mention the wealth of information I've gotten from you and others here on T'Net.

As you may recall, you're the one who explained to me early on how much more treasure can be found by better machines. Those earlier machines did teach me plenty though and if I had to go back and do it over, I don't believe I'd change a thing. We all gotta' pay our dues right??

I haven't touched any of the BH's since getting the Tek Delta; when my luck immediately began to improve. I still let a few kids I know use them from time to time though. They do locate treasure and they're perfect for kids.

But, I still haven't dug a single silver coin YET this year; not even at my sweet silver spot. I'm really hoping I can nail at least one before it gets cold. Finding a gold one would be pretty sweet as well.

I'm also working on another upgrade as we speak. I'm not sure if I can swing it just yet but I'm trying.
A fantastic deal has come my way on a Teknetics T2 SE; my dream machine. I would have had it already but of course, something completely unexpected came up in the last three days. The guy still has it though. If he can hold it for another week I'm hopin' it'll be mine.

I'm gonna' stay positive on that and hopefully it will turn out well very soon. We shall see.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like that ring! Good one!

Thanks.

I just cleaned it with toothpaste and a horsehair brush and it's cleaning up well.
I was gonna' do the aluminum foil and baking soda trick but decided that it may come it too clean with that method. I don't want to lose too much of the patina. The black in the nooks and crannies really shows the details.

I really just wanted to get that reddish pond slime off and it turned out pretty well. I think I'll leave it alone for now.

I also want to try and identify that hallmark if possible. There's so many of them out there though.

This one just seems much nicer than most of the silver rings I've dug so far. Again, it rang up really high compared to most of the others I've found. I'm assuming this one is better quality silver and/or more of it.

Either way I'm very happy with it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread