What's new

Another Strange Find...

River Rat

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
20,871
Reaction score
2,539
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just walking my artifact field yesterday, in the area where husband used the backhoe to dig up for me. He smoothed it off several days ago before all the hard rains. This is the only piece found. I find it very strange that there are no ridges plus it's smooth. What is it and what was it used for? I just love the colors.

581298_2163716750196_271481965_n.webp600670_2163717830223_399198505_n.webp542494_2163718950251_1524309604_n.webp600341_2163719510265_127705032_n.webp246529_2163721350311_1708379050_n.webp380323_2163720830298_1969307443_n.webp
 
Upvote 0
ok whew thought you found my high school yearbook.................wow not sure river rat looks like a knife.....very nice pc i like it.:icon_thumright:
 
that is one beautiful knife judie!
it would look good in one of my bone knife handles
 
View attachment 644854

OK I'm a little lost here. Is that a flint piece? It looks ground, is it ground? Poverty Point culture in your area did some flint grinding. If it is, that's a seriously cool piece.

Joe
 
River Rat,
That is a great find!!!!!!! Is the end that is touching your thumb "bitted" like a celt? It looks to me like a small polished flint adz/celt. Need some more pics of that dandy. Good enough of a find to drag me out of the woodwork!!!
Regards,
Jon Dickinson.
 
Very nice piece. Very old (duah) I mean so smooth it has spent a loooong time being blasted by moving sand like in a river I would say. Just based on the photo. That is no doubt a hand knapped piece. Great find. Nice colors.

Stryker
 
Weathered, tumbled, blasted knife I'd say! Nice one!
 
let us hear your response, we like it
that piece is a once in a life time find
it sure looks super ground and polished
and i think it could have been ground at the time of manufacture since it is so beautiful
way, way,....cool!
 
Last edited:
let us hear your response, we like it
that piece is a once in a life time find
it sure looks super ground and polished
and i think it could have been ground and NOT polished at the time of manufacture since it is so beautiful
way, way,....cool!
Cool, but as you say it would not be able to cut anything! Dah!
 
O.m.f.g. ..ha..Sohio..what did you whip out in you yearbook photo? Ha ha.. That group photo? Putting that thing a
 
Oops hit send.. Putting that aside that looks to me like the most colorful adze/celt I have seen congratz.. Backhoe?...must be nice..lol.
 
What is it and what was it used for? I just love the colors.

just wondering if you painted your nails to match the point for the picture? :happy11: geesh sorry I'm getting off topic. there goes this post
 
thinking with the wrong head again
 
settle down ...i was just trying to learn my boundries around here and whats ok off topic conversations and well im a curious person ::)
 
Beautiful little knife!! Congratulations! :icon_thumleft: It ought to go with that thumb scraper I sent you?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom