What's new

Another Successful Trip at an Indian Wars Site

Mason Jarr

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2012
Messages
517
Reaction score
1,905
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab E-trac
Minelab Equinox 80
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Our summer was extremely hot so I haven't been out much. But I finally decided I'd make a trip to one of my permissions out of state. It was a bit cooler, but still very warm so I could only manage about 5 hours per day. I didn't include the large amount of cartridges I found. Without a doubt, the find of the trip was a sword belt buckle. I checked all around but couldn't find the keeper. There were a large amount of shotshell bases this time. I know most military units had a few "fowling" pieces in their arsenal for foraging birds and small game. Finally, I don't find many coins at these sites, but found two IHC at this one...both 1881.

20260905_144310.webp
 
Upvote 33
Incredible recovery on Eagle plate! Those are rare finds. Congrats!
I think almost all plates are good recoveries now days. The signal is so pure that many have already been dug and this spot has been detected before. For me, its a second buckle from that spot. I dug a different style 3 years ago about 100 yards from where I dug this one. There's a bunch of square nails and other junk around the area so i go slow and if it squeaks I dig it.
 
Our summer was extremely hot so I haven't been out much. But I finally decided I'd make a trip to one of my permissions out of state. It was a bit cooler, but still very warm so I could only manage about 5 hours per day. I didn't include the large amount of cartridges I found. Without a doubt, the find of the trip was a sword belt buckle. I checked all around but couldn't find the keeper. There were a large amount of shotshell bases this time. I know most military units had a few "fowling" pieces in their arsenal for foraging birds and small game. Finally, I don't find many coins at these sites, but found two IHC at this one...both 1881.

View attachment 2264276
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom