What's new

First 2025 Trip to Indian Wars Sites

Mason Jarr

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2012
Messages
517
Reaction score
1,912
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab E-trac
Minelab Equinox 80
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got home from a trip to two of my western Indian Wars sites. I found mostly the typical stuff I find...lots of cartridge casings and bullets. Not many buttons this time. A General's Staff coat button and an Artillery cuff button. I did find my first Infantry hunter's horn badge from a kepi cap. Other interesting pieces were another cavalry spur (broken rowel), some type of screw on eagle piece that I need to research, an unusual style of jar lid, a cool lock, and two unfired cartridges. My trip got cut short by some rainy weather. I'm hoping to get out again before the hot days of summer.

20250518_094147.webp
20250518_094448.webp
20250518_094530.webp
20250518_094610.webp
20250518_094625.webp
20250518_094658.webp
20250518_094716.webp
20250518_094803.webp
20250518_094839.webp
20250518_094947.webp
 
Upvote 65
I just got home from a trip to two of my western Indian Wars sites. I found mostly the typical stuff I find...lots of cartridge casings and bullets. Not many buttons this time. A General's Staff coat button and an Artillery cuff button. I did find my first Infantry hunter's horn badge from a kepi cap. Other interesting pieces were another cavalry spur (broken rowel), some type of screw on eagle piece that I need to research, an unusual style of jar lid, a cool lock, and two unfired cartridges. My trip got cut short by some rainy weather. I'm hoping to get out again before the hot days of summer.

View attachment 2208523View attachment 2208524View attachment 2208525View attachment 2208526View attachment 2208527View attachment 2208528View attachment 2208529View attachment 2208530View attachment 2208531View attachment 2208532
Super Cool Finds.
I love the lock
 
That lock is crazy. Way to go on everything
Thanks! The hunter's horn badge is my favorite piece, because I've wanted to find one for a long time, but that lock is extraordinary.
 
The Eagle is the tensioner, great finds, much like Civil War camps. The lock is very interesting and certainly has the coolness factor.
 
The Eagle is the tensioner, great finds, much like Civil War camps. The lock is very interesting and certainly has the coolness factor.
Thanks for the ID from you abd Mud Hut. I didn't know what that piece was. Yes, most of this is the same as CW except I find more metallic cartridges probably.
 
That's a great variety of cool finds, but that lock is a top shelf find for sure, congrats!
Are you going to clean the lock?
Yes. I have it in an electrolysis tank right now. I want to knock off the crud and rust. 😊!
 
Yes. I have it in an electrolysis tank right now. I want to knock off the crud and rust. 😊!
Nice, looking forward to seeing it all spiffed up!
 
Nice addition to your collections from the sites once again.
Sorry to hear the rains cut it short.

The lock is really 👌 💯.
It's always interesting what recovery gets that 😎 factor.

Just have to frame the photo of the finds and it's got a🏆 plaque on the frame, congrats.
 
Nice addition to your collections from the sites once again.
Sorry to hear the rains cut it short.

The lock is really 👌 💯.
It's always interesting what recovery gets that 😎 factor.

Just have to frame the photo of the finds and it's got a🏆 plaque on the frame, congrats.
Thanks!
 
That's one of the coolest padlocks I've ever seen! :icon_thumright:
 
I just got home from a trip to two of my western Indian Wars sites. I found mostly the typical stuff I find...lots of cartridge casings and bullets. Not many buttons this time. A General's Staff coat button and an Artillery cuff button. I did find my first Infantry hunter's horn badge from a kepi cap. Other interesting pieces were another cavalry spur (broken rowel), some type of screw on eagle piece that I need to research, an unusual style of jar lid, a cool lock, and two unfired cartridges. My trip got cut short by some rainy weather. I'm hoping to get out again before the hot days of summer.

View attachment 2208523View attachment 2208524View attachment 2208525View attachment 2208526View attachment 2208527View attachment 2208528View attachment 2208529View attachment 2208530View attachment 2208531View attachment 2208532
Nice Colts! Love the padlock - that is so antique!
 
A "cool lock" is an understatement. I've never seen one like that before. It's so exquisite. I wonder what the key looked like.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom