Another Theatre Shooting

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
This time in Tennessee. Time to start "wanding" patrons ? And checking for valid permits to carry before entry into theatre ? Wanding is extreme, but the rash of theatre shootings raise the level for owners to provide security. The police spokesman said this is the "New normal". If I was Mark Cuban I would be looking to sell my interests in theatres. How can a person with a mask on, not be confronted ? If I was suspicious of someone, I would take the seat right behind them and react as needed, when needed.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This time in Tennessee. Time to start "wanding" patrons ? And checking for valid permits to carry before entry into theatre ? Wanding is extreme, but the rash of theatre shootings raise the level for owners to provide security. The police spokesman said this is the "New normal". If I was Mark Cuban I would be looking to sell my interests in theatres. How can a person with a mask on, not be confronted ? If I was suspicious of someone, I would take the seat right behind them and react as needed, when needed.
Searching people before they enter is not the answer. I ALWAYS carry when I go to a movie and the last thing I want is to be searched or have to show my carry permit entering any business or location, I will not patronize any business that searches me. The cure is for more law abiding citizens to be armed, an armed society is a polite society.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Searching people before they enter is not the answer. I ALWAYS carry when I go to a movie and the last thing I want is to be searched or have to show my carry permit entering any business or location, I will not patronize any business that searches me. The cure is for more law abiding citizens to be armed, an armed society is a polite society.

Couldn't have said it any better. The police are minutes away when seconds count.

Also if this is thread is about the "shooting" in the Tennessee movie theater, the only real shooting was done by the police when they dispatched the suspect that had attacked a few movie theater goers with a hatchet, pepper spray and an air soft pistol.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/08/05/gunman-nashville-movie-theater/31171671/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I do agree on the carry everywhere I go. We only have a few places here which state no firearms allowed, most of them I don't patronize either, the others, well, I just make sure it is concealed. Currently, the most they can do is ask you to leave, which is no big deal and not a felony, or even a misdemeanor either. I admit, the wanding is an infringement and I should not have even used that as an option. In my state, our permits to carry are good for both "Open" carry and "Concealed" carry. Very very seldom do you see someone "Open" carry, the majority of us feel like we like the element of surprise, plus, if you "Open" carry, you will probably become one of the first statistics.

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes CA, you are correct, what would posses someone to carry a toy gun in the first place ? Secondly, he did injure someone with his hatchet before shot.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If I had to guess he wanted suicide by cop. It did say he was mentally unstable so I'm sure we will never know.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do agree on the carry everywhere I go. We only have a few places here which state no firearms allowed, most of them I don't patronize either, the others, well, I just make sure it is concealed. Currently, the most they can do is ask you to leave, which is no big deal and not a felony, or even a misdemeanor either. I admit, the wanding is an infringement and I should not have even used that as an option. In my state, our permits to carry are good for both "Open" carry and "Concealed" carry. Very very seldom do you see someone "Open" carry, the majority of us feel like we like the element of surprise, plus, if you "Open" carry, you will probably become one of the first statistics.

I prefer open carry, it deters crime, the police in Florida that I talk to have said they prefer open carry for the same reason... When Florida legalized conceal carry the number of crimes dropped dramatically..

" The recent report from ABC News that in Florida, where there are more concealed weapons permits than anywhere else in the country, violent crime has dropped to the lowest point in history, delighted Sean Caranna, executive director of Florida Carry, Inc. “We’re happy to have facts and statistics put into these debates, because every time they do, we win,” he said.

Firearm-related violent crimes in Florida have dropped by one-third in just four years, 2007 to 2011, while concealed carry permits jumped by 90 percent in that period. Further, violent crime of any kind dropped almost as much, 26 percent. "

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...concealed-carry-permits-up-violent-crime-down

These are the states that honor my conceal carry permit.

Permit(s) Honored In:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming

Theses are the states I refuse to travel to or through because they don't honor my gun permit. I will not spend one penny of my money even on gas to just travel through them...

Permit(s) Not Honored In:
California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Guam, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, New York City, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Virgin Islands, Washington, Wisconsin, American Samoa, N. Mariana Islands

Last edited:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

LOL. Your "cure" is a band aid and fixes NOTHING.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. Your "cure" is a band aid and fixes NOTHING.

Police disagree with you, I have had multiple police officers tell me they prefer more armed citizens, that it lowers crime, in fact the majority I talk to prefer open carry.....

Firearm-related violent crimes in Florida dropped by one-third in just four years, 2007 to 2011, while concealed carry permits jumped by 90 percent in that period. Further, violent crime of any kind dropped almost as much, 26 percent.

You can remain an unarmed victim that is your choice, I prefer to be armed and I am 99.5% of time with a .45 .......

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This happened about 25 minutes East of me so it hits close to home for sure. I would feel so much safer if more people were trained and had their carry permits than to have to wait for the police to show up. Luck had it that police were very close by in this situation. Training is the key to citizens being armed,able to help if they choose to and not at the mercy of lunatics like this guy.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If you are going to go off on society you might not want to swing your hatchet at my revolver.
But hey, he got to take on another armed person in the form of a cop(thank you sir) with a weapon anyway. And failed.
Meanwhile the patrons did what to defend themselves?
Not saying they needed to do anything they didn't want to but once the threat of your life meets the aggressors ability to carry it out and is doable;running and screaming does not end the threat with high odds in traffic congestion. Only a herds numbers reduces possibility of being a victim, unless many or all get hurt.
I don't have the inclination or ability to run.
But if armed am able to, though not obligated to; use deadly force.
If found a victim where escape was not a convenient option, my previous goal would have been to survive by return of force.
How many armed victims so far vs unarmed?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He was armed with pellet pistol that looked real, an ax and a can of pepper spray.

An ax is a deadly weapon, threaten me, my love ones or another citizen in front of me with an ax you will be shot. Pellet pistols look real, point one at me, my love ones or another citizen you will be shot. Threaten me or my love ones with pepper spray may cause me to threaten you with my pistol...

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He was armed with pellet pistol that looked real, an ax and a can of pepper spray.

An ax is a deadly weapon, threaten me, my love ones or another citizen in front of me with an ax you will be shot. Pellet pistols look real, point one at me, my love ones or another citizen you will be shot. Threaten me or my love ones with pepper spray may cause me to threaten you with my pistol...

Yeh...makes perfect sense. I agree 110%.
And........ I have smacked someone for abusing his wife in public.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
time to Outlaw Movie Theaters

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
With everything on-line now, and my big screen with surround sound, makes going to the movies obsolete, as well as safer.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
time to Outlaw Movie Theaters

Thanks Jeff, I started to say the same when I saw your comment ...

I'll guarantee that statement makes as much sense as any of the crazies who want to ban guns.

Take away the venue, problem solved?

No, you can't fix stoopid.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jeff, I started to say the same when I saw your comment ...

I'll guarantee that statement makes as much sense as any of the crazies who want to ban guns.

Take away the venue, problem solved?

No, you can't fix stoopid.

Look at almost everything that has ever been banned in history! The people that think outlawing anything? Tell me how we still have drugs on the streets and what has happened when most anything was outlawed!

You guys are right! Outlaw movies makes just as much sense! Actually maybe more sense! They teach people things that aren't true!:laughing7: Maybe ban TV too! Video games,board games,Roll play games,auto racing,all sports,horse racing,dog racing,gambling of any kind,Burn all books,art, get rid of any historical symbols or writings, anything cultural,privacy,any kind of individualism....Oh Don't forget the Bible too! I think I have most of it covered? We will all be happy and in harmony with the universe then! Living with rainbows and unicorns!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions