Another Theory To Toss On The Ever Growing Pile....

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
PV had a big map (Confederate Engineer's Bureau map of 1864) rolled up in his closet of his office at Hamilton's, once... NICE!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
We focused MAINLY around the Liberty-Thaxton-Taylor's Mountain-Buford's Depot areas along the old V & T RR Tracks...

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or Indian or Mexican or Portuguese or Spanish. Could be just about anything. The man that stayed with Robert Morriss was Archer Robertson.

True, but do you know of any such Thomas J. Beales? All I'm pointing out is that there appears to have been only one TJB fitting the description offered by the author, that all of the main characters were close to home, and that the description itself has all the ear-marks of self-induced ego, pride, and exaggerated importance, personality and style.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you referring to Buford's Gap and the road going across the Parkway to Brugh's Mill?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this a lead in to the George Radar Brugh murder story that has become after Beale lore?

Sorry, ECS but no. The Brugh Mill was in operation and TJB and his men could have stayed there as the Mill had a tavern in the 1760's up. The mill was moved upon Roanoke Mtn. and that is where the name Mill Mountain Zoo comes from. George Radar Brugh was born north of Bedford City or in those days Liberty. I have been to his house which is still standing. If you have never been around people with the talent of Claudine Fulton Ellis you do not know what you are missing.

She took me to where she grew up at the Blackhorse Tavern. It is not there anymore. They were getting ready to construct a motel on the location. Now this story is true and you do not have to believe it. But anyway. We walked over the ground with a steep bank behind it that fell straight down to Tinker Creek. As we walked back across the old tavern ground we noticed a sunk in hole about the size of a grave when someone is buried and sinks in after the burial. Anyway we realized through Claudine's ability that a woman was buried there. The grass was all mowed and turned brown. The sink hole was easy to see.

The next morning Claudine Fulton Ellis called me up on the telephone and said she had contacted the Sheriff of Roanoke County to go and check the grave out. Then she told me something I could not believe. She said you know how the grass was mowed and turned brown and the grave was sunk in? I replied yes I did. She said well the whole area is over-grown and the grass is waist high. I told her you have got to be kidding. She said no go check it out. I said no way could grass grow that fast in a days time. I went up the very next day to look at this site. It was as Claudine told me. The grass was waste high and I could not even find the sink hole where the grave was believed located.

I telephoned Claudine and asked her how this could be possible. She said I do not know unless we were in a different time. She said when she called the Roanoke County Sheriff's Office, the Sheriff told her they had recovered a woman's body there about twelve years earlier that had been murdered. My friend this is the TRUTH, I was there and I saw it.

The grave of George Radar Brugh and his companion that had the Bible with the TJB letter are buried directly across the highway from the Blackhorse Tavern. The landowner will not giver her permission to dig. The highway department and the Sheriff's Office have been contacted. If this had been a recent grave the Sheriff would have given permission but for someone killed in 1832 permission could not be obtained without a court order.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The key to this puzzle... IMO...

IS... the "tracks".

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Correct; even PV thought so... "off-loaded at Thaxton Switch", on the V & T RR Tracks... COFFINS of REBEL GOLD/SILVER/JEWELRY donated by SOUHERN LADIES... for "THE CAUSE"!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That is one of many "alternative" theories that have been presented concerning an alleged Beale Papers "cover story".

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember a post about Judah P Benjamin, Edward S Hutter, and Vattel's LAW OF NATIONS at Danville, Virginia after the Fall of Richmond, April, 1865.
As for WHOO, don't believe it was an owl that made that post.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Stay tuned for MORE "Alternative Theories"/"Cover Story"... bought to you by "puter" Station BEALE FAX... NEW! Sponsored by Beale Brewery & BBQ in Bedford City (once known as LIBERTY!). Beale GOLD, Beale SILVER; 8-pak with DECODER RING... Beer to GO! And the BBQ... HEAVEN sent! BF is for YOU!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Danville... IS also IMO...

A "key".

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember a post about Judah P Benjamin, Edward S Hutter, and Vattel's LAW OF NATIONS at Danville, Virginia after the Fall of Richmond, April, 1865.
As for WHOO, don't believe it was an owl that made that post.

When we run out of "alternative theories" then you will not have nothing left but the facts. Until the facts are known all there is is "alternative theories" Maybe you can give us a fact for or against the Beale Treasure, Beale Papers that will stop all of the "alternative theories"? No I did not think so.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Danville... IS also IMO...

A "key".

In Danville, Virginia, Buford's is one of the "keys" to a Confederate or KGC treasure vault 38 feet by 38 feet.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
When we run out of "alternative theories" then you will not have nothing left but the facts. Until the facts are known all there is is "alternative theories" Maybe you can give us a fact for or against the Beale Treasure, Beale Papers that will stop all of the "alternative theories"? No I did not think so.
The BIG FACT everyone wants to ignore, is that there is NO evidence outside of the 1885 Beale Paper that can prove that anything in that job print pamphlet ever happened.
You know that Franklin, and have even started threads proclaiming that very obvious fact.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The BIG FACT everyone wants to ignore, is that there is NO evidence outside of the 1885 Beale Paper that can prove that anything in that job print pamphlet ever happened.
You know that Franklin, and have even started threads proclaiming that very obvious fact.

I have started as many threads for the Beale Treasure as I have posted against the Beale Treasure. The truth is there is no evidence either for or against that can swing us for or against this treasure. That is why it has been sought after for so long.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread