HomeGuardDan
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jul 15, 2011
- Messages
- 1,677
- Reaction score
- 2,475
- Golden Thread
- 5
- Location
- Williamsburg, VA
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 5
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
My plans changed at the last minute and rather than a 2 hour drive to check out some new spots, I ended up with about 4 hours to go back to my latest honey hole.
I spent 50% of the time trying to recover that large deep signal I left last time (where the pipe bowl was eyeballed) and still could not get to it. This is going to either be a BIG brass/copper/pewter items or a big piece of flat iron...I am hoping to at least see what it is at some point. I did manage to eyeball another broken bottle and recovered the base...I think it is a matter of time before a whole one comes out. Visibility is horrible in the hole as I could not see 3" in front of my mask.
After breaking the coin streak last trip, I started a new one today with a worn, but there, 1696 (or 98) William III Halfpenny (TERTIVS). This is the third William III coin from this spot and it did make me a happy camper.
I ended up with a few more musket balls and found a hole FULL of small shot (probably over a thousand there) if I decide to get bored and recover them all it could make for an interesting display. I did manage a few more buttons (one of the rarer ones from this site, an 1800s variety), a cast 1600s nipple button and a standard flat.
I managed a broken piece to an early buckle and then the WHAT IS IT brass item. It is an odd shape and something I feel like I have seen before. It is obviously broken on one end, but the other is intentional (as it tapers down to a point) any help is appreciated (Cru
)
Other than that, I managed some modern sinkers, a grouping of early nails, and some misc lead sheathing and melted blobs.
HH
Dan
I spent 50% of the time trying to recover that large deep signal I left last time (where the pipe bowl was eyeballed) and still could not get to it. This is going to either be a BIG brass/copper/pewter items or a big piece of flat iron...I am hoping to at least see what it is at some point. I did manage to eyeball another broken bottle and recovered the base...I think it is a matter of time before a whole one comes out. Visibility is horrible in the hole as I could not see 3" in front of my mask.
After breaking the coin streak last trip, I started a new one today with a worn, but there, 1696 (or 98) William III Halfpenny (TERTIVS). This is the third William III coin from this spot and it did make me a happy camper.
I ended up with a few more musket balls and found a hole FULL of small shot (probably over a thousand there) if I decide to get bored and recover them all it could make for an interesting display. I did manage a few more buttons (one of the rarer ones from this site, an 1800s variety), a cast 1600s nipple button and a standard flat.
I managed a broken piece to an early buckle and then the WHAT IS IT brass item. It is an odd shape and something I feel like I have seen before. It is obviously broken on one end, but the other is intentional (as it tapers down to a point) any help is appreciated (Cru
)Other than that, I managed some modern sinkers, a grouping of early nails, and some misc lead sheathing and melted blobs.
HH
Dan
Attachments
-
1a.webp409.5 KB · Views: 164 -
1b.webp177.2 KB · Views: 138 -
1c.webp216.8 KB · Views: 137 -
1d.webp225.7 KB · Views: 135 -
1e.webp244.2 KB · Views: 132 -
1j.webp204.7 KB · Views: 139 -
1i.webp180.3 KB · Views: 135 -
1h.webp188.2 KB · Views: 138 -
1g.webp103.8 KB · Views: 135 -
1f.webp92.6 KB · Views: 140 -
1k.webp266.3 KB · Views: 135 -
1l.webp102.9 KB · Views: 125
Upvote
28









