What's new

Another trip

kd5txx

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
309
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Went to Vicksburg today because a bank there had what I thought were fed rolled halfs. Dis $250 with nothing. Later found out they roll their own so I'm probably getting dumps. Did find 2 40% at another bank and 66 Ikes. All clad though. As I was looking saw a zip lock with red seal 5$ on it. Asked about them and saw it was $80 in 1963 $5 bills. I don't know if they have any great value but bought $20 worth. Should I get the rest? I really would cut into my CRH money to tie up $80. But will if I have to.

Yesterday on the way home from Gulf shores found a add for a coin shop and a coupon for a free V nickle if you stop by. So after my 4yo, my 8yo my wife and I gave our coupons we had 4 free V nickles. And the 8YO got a 1883 with Cents so there's a pretty good deal. Red book lists it at $16 on good shape.
 
Upvote 0
If the bills are in great shape i would go back and get them . RON
 
Just to let you know, the "Fed" doesn't roll coin and ship it to banks. That would be the couriers. Even if a bank rolled their own there could be silver in them.
HH
Gilbert
 
Guess I knew that....Anyways Vicksburg MS is a casino town now so all these are coming from the boats. Worn and nasty. I do keep hoping that someone is so addicted to slots that they spend their collection of silver halfs and they get rolled.....does that make me bad?
 
no, it doesnt make u bad, it just makes u a treasure hunter, and yes, i would buy the 5's, cuz u could turn around 'n sell 'em, make ur $ back + extra, and the worst that could happen is they are not worth much, so u just spend 'em...also, there still could be silver in the rolls if ur banks rolls 'em, cuz if someones collection is turned in, they would all be rolled in the coin rolls u bought, as opposed to being rolled, and sealed in different boxes, and then shipped out to diff. banks.
 
kd5txx said:
Guess I knew that....Anyways Vicksburg MS is a casino town now so all these are coming from the boats. Worn and nasty. I do keep hoping that someone is so addicted to slots that they spend their collection of silver halfs and they get rolled.....does that make me bad?
How is somebody getting "rolled" at a Casino gonna help you find Silver unless you are the one rolling them(?), that just makes no sense to me at all :icon_scratch: .
 
obediah said:
kd5txx said:
Guess I knew that....Anyways Vicksburg MS is a casino town now so all these are coming from the boats. Worn and nasty. I do keep hoping that someone is so addicted to slots that they spend their collection of silver halfs and they get rolled.....does that make me bad?
How is somebody getting "rolled" at a Casino gonna help you find Silver unless you are the one rolling them(?), that just makes no sense to me at all :icon_scratch: .

I would imagine that someone getting rolled at the casino decides to break into their silver stash because "They can win it back" and then they end up getting "rolled" losing all their cash and then when he picks up his bank rolled coins...wala their is the silver from the poor addicted gambler that not only lost his/her paycheck but also lost his/her/their grandpa's silver collection too.

Thats what I took from it anyways.
 
rwb83 said:
obediah said:
kd5txx said:
Guess I knew that....Anyways Vicksburg MS is a casino town now so all these are coming from the boats. Worn and nasty. I do keep hoping that someone is so addicted to slots that they spend their collection of silver halfs and they get rolled.....does that make me bad?
How is somebody getting "rolled" at a Casino gonna help you find Silver unless you are the one rolling them(?), that just makes no sense to me at all :icon_scratch: .

I would imagine that someone getting rolled at the casino decides to break into their silver stash because "They can win it back" and then they end up getting "rolled" losing all their cash and then when he picks up his bank rolled coins...wala their is the silver from the poor addicted gambler that not only lost his/her paycheck but also lost his/her/their grandpa's silver collection too.

Thats what I took from it anyways.
Guess need to loosen my turban :help: took it totally differently. ( :laughing7: )
 
I meant someone is addicted and takes the coin collection to the boat, loses it all and the boat takes it to the bank who rolls the halfs and sells them to me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom