May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Pittsburgh and hit a local thrift store. They had a drawer full of watches for a dollar each. I pulled this working Carravelle watch with a nice classic design. A cleaned it up and replaced the Spiedel band with this black leather band. Another watch for my collection. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439003027.597786.jpg

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice watch! I love those vintage automatics! There is nothing like them, and that is why they're bid up so fast on the bay! Great score, and you did a wonderful job cleaning it and work on it.

RJA

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim

Are you still in Pittsburgh ? If so. Check out the red white and blue thrift store on rt 51 near the liberty tunnels. Most insane thrift store ever. At any given time about 200 people shopping. And new merchandise rolls out every 10-15 minutes. There is another red white and blue store on rt 65. They usually have gold jewelry at spot prices

And a drawer full of watches ? If you don't mind. What store was that?

Thanks

Bob

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Artslinger this one is not an automatic. It is a self wind. Thank you for the comments!

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob, I am. I'll try to check it out today. I got this one at the bargain bin in Heidelberg. The new owners have done a great job renovating the place. It used to be a major dump.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob, I am. I'll try to check it out today. I got this one at the bargain bin in Heidelberg. The new owners have done a great job renovating the place. It used to be a major dump.

I thought that was the one with the drawers

I picked up a nerf scope there on Thursday for $1. Should get $20 for it

They definitely made that place better

My office is about 1/4 mile away right on Greentree rd right past the police station so I stop in that store daily

Here is the scope I picked up

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439042287.839227.jpg

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Artslinger this one is not an automatic. It is a self wind. Thank you for the comments!

In that case, take it back! Joking! :-) I'll correct myself further, automatics and self winding watches are truly beautiful watches and my favorite! Great score!

RJA

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also got a 10kt gold filled Elgin ladies watch for a buck. Not sure why I bought it but it works. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439151734.605392.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread