another week .another tray

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i build another tray with 7/8 riffles ,1/4 dead zones and and fine gold trap.the trap as a 1/4 opening on the down side to unload it,i stacked up 3 layer of muslin just under it .i will glue all the gaps with 3m. Resized_20210404_133942.jpeg Resized_20210406_152042.jpeg we also say its just metal so we can allway just cut it apart and try something else .i still have my 1/2 riffle tray.just in case. will try it out weds or thurs. as always thanks for all your input.
brad

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
back when I made my DW I used a single layer of tight weave muslin fabric and I had several different riffle assembly's because of different location's that I traveled and these also became a backup incase I damaged the Muslin . I also used some 3/16 Lexan sheet that I drilled a lot of 3/16 dia. holes and the holes were counter sunk on the underside to help speed up the air as it goes through the Muslin / Lexan the give it some help. On the dead space I used a 1 inch measurement for that dead space ( I wanted it ALL ) I used it for two years in New Mexico and when I got going with my dredge's I gave it to a older couple that wanted to try it out ! I NEVER heard back from them !

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
back when I made my DW I used a single layer of tight weave muslin fabric and I had several different riffle assembly's because of different location's that I traveled and these also became a backup incase I damaged the Muslin . I also used some 3/16 Lexan sheet that I drilled a lot of 3/16 dia. holes and the holes were counter sunk on the underside to help speed up the air as it goes through the Muslin / Lexan the give it some help. On the dead space I used a 1 inch measurement for that dead space ( I wanted it ALL ) I used it for two years in New Mexico and when I got going with my dredge's I gave it to a older couple that wanted to try it out ! I NEVER heard back from them ! On your picture it appears your riffle's are straight up -n- down , I had my riffle's aimed towards the feed end of the riffle tray to help in the collection ! Good luck on your project !

OP
OP

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
its just the picture they are layed back alot.maybe 30- 35 degrees.
brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread