What's new

✅ SOLVED Antietam Artifact

makarelic

Greenie
Joined
May 10, 2016
Messages
13
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pulled this out of the ground near Antietam Battlefield, iron with approx length 17 inches. Tell me what you think it is and is it Civil War related
 

Attachments

  • 2018-07-14_Antietam Artifact.webp
    2018-07-14_Antietam Artifact.webp
    197.8 KB · Views: 133
either a picket pin (to tie horses to) or a tent stake. I would say picket pin since it has the swivel on top to keep the horses from getting twisted up.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
thanks! I was thinking the same, the only question is the era. When I looked at comparisons none seemed to match. I wasn't sure if during the civil war they used a heavier pin for say mules or wagon trains.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom