What's new

Antique Adjustible Candlestick... Real or Repro???

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2011
Messages
2,809
Reaction score
4,474
Golden Thread
0
Location
Stuart VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy All, I just pulled this candlestick out of my pile. It is 16 1/2 inches tall and 8 inches across the base. It has an old antique shop tag on the bottom with a $70 price tag. I think that I paid around $5 for it. My question is …. is it old or a repro? If old, how old? thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2337.webp
    IMG_2337.webp
    481.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2338.webp
    IMG_2338.webp
    349 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2339.webp
    IMG_2339.webp
    921.7 KB · Views: 101
I like it. Good luck with an age.:icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Look for signs of wear.I have a brass candle holder that has a pretty good wear sign on it from where people would put their thumb to hold on to it.look at the bottom,if it's relatively unmarked then it's most likely a repo.if the bottom is scratched and dinged to hell then it could have some age to it.
 
Upvote 0
To me, it looks like that base has been replaced, and almost of the push-ups I have seen had a thumb loop attached to the base.
 
Upvote 0
Cool piece. I've never seen one before, but is there enough demand for it to be a repo.
 
Upvote 0
It's cool idea but how would you keep the melted wax from jamming up the works? Missing a collar?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom