What's new

Antique Eagle Box

smf399

Full Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2012
Messages
199
Reaction score
81
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old small metal box with an eagle on it and a nice pattern. Found at an 1860s house. If anybody thinks they know what it is that would be great.
 

Attachments

  • image-2857103240.webp
    image-2857103240.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 159
  • image-2214279407.webp
    image-2214279407.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 172
  • image-729065953.webp
    image-729065953.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 144
Interesting, could be a pill box, snuff or tobacco box? What are the measurments? somebody will get it.
 
Upvote 0
Interesting, could be a pill box, snuff or tobacco box? What are the measurments? somebody will get it.

It is 1and1/4 by 1and1/4in wide and 1/8 of an inch thick. It is pretty small
 
Upvote 0
Match box???

Tim
 
Upvote 0
Postage stamp box. I'd guess mid to late 1800's. Nice find!

stampbox.webp

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Could be but I cant find it online and it is a little small.
 
Upvote 0
I also searched forever yesterday/last night-pill box, stamp box, snuff box, sewing needle box-didn't find anything remotely close. Could be any of those things (well maybe not the sewing needle box, that's a stretch), but nailing down a time period would be cool.

I think I remember reading somewhere that the eagle symbol, depending on which way it faces, how many arrows are in its talons etc., mean different things and different time periods-anyone else hear that? I tried researching that but gave up.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom