Antique oil lamp?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? I did not buy it however it looks really cool! But also really messy. But it was like an oil lamp when the oil warmed up it ran down the lines I guess. made it look like rain. I don't even know how much they wanted for it a couple hundred dollars more than likely. It may have been worth a lot of money.....?

image-3703819290.jpg

image-4016809684.jpg

image-586749779.jpg

I did not look for any markings on it either. It was hanging above a table and I was scared to touch it. I have a tendency of breaking things when I don't mean to. But I just wanted to share. I've never seen anything like it!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome thank you very much. And this right here is a good example as to why I do not buy this type of stuff. In my eyes I figured it would be worth a lot of money. $150 for something like that that will probably be a huge mess if you ship it. Not worth it to me. Some less. I'll stick to what I know. Thank you again for the help!

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem! I just wish there were sales here so I had stuff to post too!! Lol. Bored on my days off!!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I were you, I'd move to florida. Or just south for that matter.. I miss my family but I'll tell you what they sure like to come visit! Saves me a lot of money from going up there and sitting in the airport for a couple days waiting for a plane. I don't know how you guys doing up there. I moved out of Pennsylvania 11 years ago and I won't go back until at least June July August. At least then it's at 60° out.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My parents are in Palmetto Fl for the winter. We were there over Christmas/New Years but my kids did not want to hit any sales while we were there. They wanted to fish every second!! I was going to plan a long weekend down there (alone) cuz my mom likes hit the sales to but my hubby ended up with lymphoma and I need to stay here with him. Summer will come soon! I love Alaska to and Anchorage averages warmer temps than MN!! I may have to move there.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mom had one when I was a kid. I paid $10 for my "Three Graces" rain lamp. It sat around for 3 or 4 years until I broke the fishing line or whatever it is they use. I just sold it at my yard sale a few months ago for $20. I just didn't want to deal with cleaning and restringing it. Not to mention packaging the beast.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread