Antique U.S Marine corps Field Heliograph found!

Dirtfisher707

Dec 27, 2015
Nor-Cal
Detector(s) used
Garret AtPro and AtGold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check this thing out! Found it at a garage/barn sale. Dose anyone out there know a value on this item? The only examples I have found are in privet collections or museums.
I think this one dates to WW 1.

IMG_2097.JPG

Last edited:
Nice!

helo.jpg

Attachments

• heilograph.png
    heilograph.png
    192.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Thats Kool! You found the original price. What do you think the items i have are worth to a collector that might need them to complete their set?

I couldn't find any examples of any sold online.

Thats Kool! You found the original price. What do you think the items i have are worth to a collector that might need them to complete their set?

I couldn't find any examples of any sold online.

Hey Dirtfisher707 -

If I had this partial unit, I would put it on eBay - start it at 25% over your cost and see where it ends up.

Incomplete items generally are a hard sell, but with world wide coverage, you might find the military collector who needs those parts.

Good Luck!

The very best things to sell are those where you can’t find any that have sold, because you set the market. I’d say $100-$200. Or maybe $500 just to see if there’s someone out there who has been looking for years for one. I would not auction it.

The very best things to sell are those where you can’t find any that have sold, because you set the market. I’d say $100-$200. Or maybe $500 just to see if there’s someone out there who has been looking for years for one. I would not auction it.

Hey Joe -

I would totally agree with you if it was a complete unit - but it's missing the mirror, a arm and no tripod with the attachment for the piece he has.

Thanx for all the info everyone. Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back