What's new

Any chicago historians?

WheatbackDigger

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2005
Messages
313
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Etrac
I posted this in Today's find. I can't find much information. I believe it is a Chicago Police belt buckle from late 1800's (1880s???). Any info would be appreciated.


Thanks
Doug
 

Attachments

  • th_bucklefront.webp
    th_bucklefront.webp
    2.1 KB · Views: 141
  • th_buckleback.webp
    th_buckleback.webp
    1.8 KB · Views: 149
  • th_bucklename.webp
    th_bucklename.webp
    3.5 KB · Views: 145
I found something similar with a patent date on the back Dec. 16, 1879. I still haven't cleaned the front of it though to see if it says anything on the front. Nice find though.
 
Don't know anything about it but it looks awesome :thumbsup:

Sweet find!
watercolor
 
Did you post it on the whattzit forum? Looks authentic, but there were many fantasy buckles with a multitude of designs back in the early 70's.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom