What's new

Any clues to what this is ?

rush

Full Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2009
Messages
130
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Its made of cast iron and enamel I have no clue !Thanks ! Random 040 (Small).webpRandom 041 (Small).webpFound while fishing !
 
Antique soap dish for bathtub is a good idea because its porcelain enameled cast iron but I cant find a pic. The color would match the cast iron bathtub. It looks as if its made to be removed for cleaning. But antique dentistry tray sounds good too. :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • soap-dish.webp
    soap-dish.webp
    716 bytes · Views: 290
Upvote 0
Another idea would be a tray for vintage machinery. I have seen this color used. I cant find an example but something like this removeable tray on this benchgrinder. bench grinder.webp
A lot of motors used this color. I can also see this as vintage heavy cast iron dentist equipment. I think cast iron is too heavy for an ash tray. I just posted this second bench grinder to show the color. Just throughing out ideas. :)
 

Attachments

  • bench grinder 3.webp
    bench grinder 3.webp
    1.5 KB · Views: 274
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Another idea would be a tray for vintage machinery. I have seen this color used. I cant find an example but something like this removeable tray on this benchgrinder.

A lot of motors used this color. I can also see this as vintage heavy cast iron dentist equipment. I think cast iron is too heavy for an ash tray. I just posted this second bench grinder to show the color. Just throughing out ideas. :)
Thankyou to all I think we'll go with soapdish /ashtray !
 
Upvote 0
rush said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Another idea would be a tray for vintage machinery. I have seen this color used. I cant find an example but something like this removeable tray on this benchgrinder.

A lot of motors used this color. I can also see this as vintage heavy cast iron dentist equipment. I think cast iron is too heavy for an ash tray. I just posted this second bench grinder to show the color. Just throughing out ideas. :)
Thankyou to all I think we'll go with soapdish /ashtray !
so be it!
 
Upvote 0
rush said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Another idea would be a tray for vintage machinery. I have seen this color used. I cant find an example but something like this removeable tray on this benchgrinder.

A lot of motors used this color. I can also see this as vintage heavy cast iron dentist equipment. I think cast iron is too heavy for an ash tray. I just posted this second bench grinder to show the color. Just throughing out ideas. :)
Thankyou to all I think we'll go with soapdish /ashtray !

For those that like to smoke in the shower :D
 
Upvote 0
The old Gooney Bird C-47 airplane had little ashtrays that folded down next to the rail seating along the windows. My first thought. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Even though I think enameled cast iron soap dish is a good guess, Im not sure a bath bar of soap would fit. Can you try it, we could eliminate soap dish.

Cigarettes often leave burn marks. Is that a burn mark on the right?
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Even though I think enameled cast iron soap dish is a good guess, Im not sure a bath bar of soap would fit. Can you try it, we could eliminate soap dish.

Cigarettes often leave burn marks. Is that a burn mark on the right?
Yes we used it for an ashtray for ten years or more . And a small bar of soap like gift soap will fit . It's been in my house for 18 yrs..
 
Upvote 0
rush said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Even though I think enameled cast iron soap dish is a good guess, Im not sure a bath bar of soap would fit. Can you try it, we could eliminate soap dish.

Cigarettes often leave burn marks. Is that a burn mark on the right?
Yes we used it for an ashtray for ten years or more . And a small bar of soap like gift soap will fit . It's been in my house for 18 yrs..
No clue on the burn. I think the size would eliminate home bathtub but it may be a special soap dish like train or hotel. I think its just too heavy (cast iron)for an automobile ashtray and why would it be enameled? Change tray is possible.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
✅ SOLVED 108
Replies
3
Views
436
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
556

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom