What's new

Any guess on what kind of drum

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or age leather is as hard as a rock lol.......the drum is metal
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9406.webp
    IMG_9406.webp
    525.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_9407.webp
    IMG_9407.webp
    724.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_9408.webp
    IMG_9408.webp
    765.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_9409.webp
    IMG_9409.webp
    616.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Hmmm.
Rawhide will be hard regardless of age.
Is the drum less than a few inches in diameter?
It looks like cow ,or buffalo horn.

From Africa,or India, Mexico maybe?
Looks like varied cowhides ,vs American Bison. That might rule out Native U.S. source if a high valued item.
 
Upvote 0
I would say 7 inches in diameter and about 9 inches in height
 
Upvote 0
It's metal not any kind of wood or horn
 
Upvote 0
Metal!
I'm lost.
Here's another African. The construction style is similar.
I may be on the wrong continent though...:tongue3:

il_340x270.1171067293_ba22.webp
 
Upvote 0
A native drum would be awesome
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom