Any idea about this Saisaya Ball and how much the value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• received_272834380473637.jpeg
    received_272834380473637.jpeg
    22.5 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Uh...what's a "Saisaya Ball"?

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's 'SAIYAYSA' and the whole thing is a hoax/scam. The numbered black ones are said to be the most valuable. The earlier balls are marked 'USSR' rather than 'US' and they're usually accompanied by a backstory that says there's a very valuable gemstone inside. There isn't... hence they're invariably offered for sale (at ridiculous prices) to the gullible without having been broken open. Inside there may be a something geological but worthless, a fake diamond, a piece of green glass, or a number of other baubles.

All the evidence suggests that they originate from the Philippines and they first seem to have popped up from a scamming poster on a competing treasure hunting site to this one.

Last edited:

EngrJun

Greenie
Jul 4, 2023
It's 'SAIYAYSA' and the whole thing is a hoax/scam. The numbered black ones are said to be the most valuable. The earlier balls are marked 'USSR' rather than 'US' and they're usually accompanied by a backstory that says there's a very valuable gemstone inside. There isn't... hence they're invariably offered for sale (at ridiculous prices) to the gullible without having been broken open. Inside there may be a something geological but worthless, a fake diamond, a piece of green glass, or a number of other baubles.

All the evidence suggests that they originate from the Philippines and they first seem to have popped up from a scamming poster on a competing treasure hunting site to this one.
In my experience as a TH, I would say that Sayaysa balls is real because I already encountered and recovered it on one of my digsite. We recovered it at exactly 6ft under the ground and at that time we really dont know what it was but what we surely know that the item is one of the giveaways on that area because it was place inside an open square box. To our intrigue we opened one, though very hesitant at the beginning because were afraid that the item might have been a bomb, fortunately it did not explode.

In my experience as a TH, I would say that Sayaysa balls is real because I already encountered and recovered it on one of my digsite. We recovered it at exactly 6ft under the ground and at that time we really dont know what it was but what we surely knew is that the item is one of the giveaways on that area because it was place inside an open square box. To our intrigue we opened one, though very hesitant at the beginning because were afraid that the item might explode since some thought it might be a bomb, fortunately it did not. Now, regarding on the diamond inside, in my experience since I was the one who opened it, there was none, however there was something inside the compartment which for me the best thing to describe it is it look like a metallic white gold dust that dried and the compartment shape is like a diamond. Believed me Sayaysa Balls is real. Thank you and Happy hunting

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Real" is a questionable word in the context of these balls. They're "real" in the sense that they exist, but the backstories that accompany them, are pure fantasy and usually part of a scam. In the same territory as fantasy government bonds, gold certificates, ingots and other "treasures" coming out of the Philippines.

There is no evidence for them being valuable or containing anything valuable.

Since you say you found one (in the Philippines?) and opened it up, you doubtless have some nice pictures to show us. I look forward to seeing them.

Last edited:

EngrJun

Greenie
Jul 4, 2023
"Real" is a questionable word in the context of these balls. They're "real" in the sense that they exist, but the backstories that accompany them, are pure fantasy and usually part of a scam. In the same territory as fantasy government bonds, gold certificates, ingots and other "treasures" coming out of the Philippines.

There is no evidence for them being valuable or containing anything valuable.

Since you say you found one (in the Philippines?) and opened it up, you doubtless have some nice pictures to show us. I look forward to seeing them.
I did not expected your reply soon enough. Yes I can send you pictures if you want. Is there any email or messenger where I can send you pictures of it. I will be more than glad to share it to you that Saiyaysa balls is not a myth or a hoax, well maybe in the past it was used to scam people but I can assure you its real, been trying to do the research about it however I cant find its back stories and why it was being set up like that. Thats the reason why I end up here.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not only are these widely known to be a scam, the entire concept is laughable. What would be the intended purpose of encasing "valuables" in these things? A fool and their money are soon parted.

Photos of anything "found" in one of these are just part of the hoax.

EngrJun

Greenie
Jul 4, 2023
Not only are these widely known to be a scam, the entire concept is laughable. What would be the intended purpose of encasing "valuables" in these things? A fool and their money are soon parted.

Photos of anything "found" in one of these are just part of the hoax.

Photos of anything "found" in one of these are just part of the hoax
Not only are these widely known to be a scam, the entire concept is laughable. What would be the intended purpo

Photos of anything "found" in one of these are just part
I cant attach file from my gallery.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Six feet under the ground? Whatever made you dig six feet? What was the box made of? Post your photos right here so we can all see!

EngrJun

Greenie
Jul 4, 2023
after my uncle sand it up.. I dont know why he did it, for him he wanted to remove the aspalt ending up removing the groove.

Attachments

• received_792801779203193.jpeg
    received_792801779203193.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 17

EngrJun

Greenie
Jul 4, 2023
This was the video when I tried to have it open.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-06-02-46-35-80.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-06-02-46-35-80.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 22

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the pictures, although a picture of the inside would be better still. What a shame you didn’t find one of the valuable ones. The real thing should be marked as made of platinum, and with a humungous uncut diamond inside:

Variously marked 'US', ‘USA’ or ‘USSR’. That one was marked ‘AUSTRALIAN’ rather than ‘AUSTRALIA’, which is rather odd, although the kangaroo was a nice touch. I’m always impressed that the Russians went to the trouble of marking theirs with the acronym ‘USSR’ in the Latin alphabet for our convenience, rather than 'CCCP' in their own alphabet (for Союз Советских Социалистических Республик).

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I did not expected your reply soon enough. Yes I can send you pictures if you want. Is there any email or messenger where I can send you pictures of it. I will be more than glad to share it to you that Saiyaysa balls is not a myth or a hoax, well maybe in the past it was used to scam people but I can assure you its real, been trying to do the research about it however I cant find its back stories and why it was being set up like that. Thats the reason why I end up here.
It's backstory ends at 3/14/2009 unless you can show earlier from P.I..
Particularly Mindanao.

Why would a diamond be protected from soil or a box in a round metal case nearly solid ; but hollowed out just enough for the diamond to fit? So it doesn't get scratched or broken?
Was Yamashita himself bored one day and noticed a melon baller in the kitchen?
59c3c507a365814a6b634b9b9cfe0261--melon-ballers-kitchen-appliances.jpg

EngrJun

Greenie
Jul 4, 2023
Thats true, even I ask that same question. Why would someone made a round metal ball and place a diamond inside. If we have an answer to that question that would have been great, until then it will remain a mystery. Heres the picture inside. I accidentally broke it in half, im not sure if its a glittered diamond or other prexious metal, been trying to pry it out but its stucked inside. The metal itself is amazing, theres a lot of good story to tell that make you wont believe me. There is two more that Ive been trying to locate, hoping to find it soon and share it with you guys. Well, If you know someone who is interested just let me know. I am willing to negotiate, Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG20230704192450.jpg
    IMG20230704192450.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG20230704192445.jpg
    IMG20230704192445.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread