What's new

Any idea of age on these silver marks???

Rob (B.C.)

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
87
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
This is the only silver artifact from a fur trade site so far that I've been hunting. I've never seen another like it or marked inside like it either. I really feel that it is directly related to the fur trade, but my site became a homestead in the late 1800's, so some things are tough to date.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this one. Has anyone found items with items marked "SOLID SILVER", and if so, when did they date to?? :icon_scratch:



IMG_2079.jpg


IMG_2084.jpg
 
Very true IS, and it is interesting that there is no assay mark on it that could tell when it was made. Usually pieces that were hallmarked also had assay marks, at least in the UK, I don't know about Canada.
 
Upvote 0
I've always thaought that was a very cool ring! Surely someone will find some info. on the solid silver stamp.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom