✅ SOLVED Any idea on if these two go together?

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the repost, but I am not getting responses when I post things in bulk, so I am reposting my finds seperately. I found these pieces right in the same area in the woods in East Texas. Would like to know what kind of buckle it is, i.e. for a person's belt, horse gear, backpack, etc. any info makes me very happy!
DSCN0094.JPG
DSCN0115.JPG DSCN0070.JPG DSCN0119.JPG

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the D ring is off a saddle not sure what the other thing is the silver looking thing is off a bridle or saddle

Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the D ring is off a saddle not sure what the other thing is the silver looking thing is off a bridle or saddle
....I have to dis agree....the silver thing is from hosiery of sorts,there has been ad's etc posted here before of them.Much too small and light weight to be used on horse tack

Upvote 0

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the "D" ring is actually a "Breeching Dee" and would be used in the following application:

Attachments

• breeching dee.jpg
    breeching dee.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 0
OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, then any clue what this thing is?
DSCN0115a.JPG

Upvote 0

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, then any clue what this thing is?
View attachment 738648

I have seen them before, but am drawing blanks right now. I want to say it has to do with attaching a saddle blanket, but not sure about that. I will continue my pondering, and it will come to me eventually.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen them before, but am drawing blanks right now. I want to say it has to do with attaching a saddle blanket, but not sure about that. I will continue my pondering, and it will come to me eventually.

any time I see "creskol" as the person who replied, I look forward to learning something new and good! So I am attempting reverse psychology: Do Not think about the strange thing on cdsieg's Tnet posting! :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Paleopilot

Dec 4, 2012
South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen that before too! I'm thinking maybe from a leather razor strop, like the old Barbers had.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen that before too! I'm thinking maybe from a leather razor strop, like the old Barbers had.

Very good! :notworthy: I never even heard of a razor strop before! I thought you mispelled strap! LOL That really does look like the same kind of hardware.

134943373_leather-strop-razor-sharpener-ideal-for-classic-razors-.jpg DSCN0115a.JPG . I love it when I get things solved, but love it even more when I can learn something new!
Thanks again... I know there is a chance that this might turn out to be something else, but for now it looks great to me! creskol better watch out... you may steal his lead on solving things for me this month! You are two for two on reply's/solves on my latest questions. You are both great in my book! :headbang:

Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The silver thingy is a suspender clip piece. Not related to the horse bit, D buckle, or mystery item.

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe the mystery item is the trigger/mechanism from an old firearm.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the mystery item is the trigger/mechanism from an old firearm.

Thanks for responding, I am just a little confused, It is my post and I don't even know what the mystery item is, I mean I don't know what piece you are referring to! LOL If you are referring to item "A" you are right, it is from a gun, a toy gun that I had posted in a different "What Is It" topic.

DSCN0119.JPG This post was only suppose to be for the items "D" and "E" I must have been really tired when I posted the other pictures!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The silver thingy is a suspender clip piece. Not related to the horse bit, D buckle, or mystery item.

Thanks buckleboy, I appreciate you taking your time to help me out!

Upvote 0

Paleopilot

Dec 4, 2012
South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for responding, I am just a little confused, It is my post and I don't even know what the mystery item is, I mean I don't know what piece you are referring to! LOL If you are referring to item "A" you are right, it is from a gun, a toy gun that I had posted in a different "What Is It" topic.

View attachment 739936 This post was only suppose to be for the items "D" and "E" I must have been really tired when I posted the other pictures!
Here is your Harness "D".

Attachments

• Harness D.JPG
    Harness D.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 0
OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will consider this solved for now, if I find something similar in the future I will post it again and see if I get different results. Thanks to all of you for your help.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread