What's new

?? any Idea??

rennie

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
60
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Braunfels, Tx
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
I found this while mding in my yard next to the street and a utilitie pole. I think it might be some kind of light socket?? It is made of steel about 2-1/2" high, round about 2-1/2". The inside looks like pheonilic?? go for it guys and gals..

Rennie
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft:
 

Attachments

  • metal detecting 007.webp
    metal detecting 007.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 394
  • metal detecting 006.webp
    metal detecting 006.webp
    2.6 KB · Views: 333
  • metal detecting 007.webp
    metal detecting 007.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 376
Or maybe a wick cover to a kerosene smudge pot .
 

Attachments

  • Pots.webp
    Pots.webp
    5 KB · Views: 325
Upvote 0
Trader, that pic is of the distributor housing. They are usually aluminum or steel. Every cap I have ever seen is bakelite.
 
Upvote 0
It looks like bakelite inside.
 
Upvote 0
I'm throwing my hat into the ring and guessing: Ox Balls. They were generally made of brass and placed over the tips of an ox's horns to keep him from goring other animals. I tried to find a pic on the Internet, but you can imagine what kind of websites were available with those 2 search words! ;D Breezie
 
Upvote 0
It is steel on the outside about a 1/4" thk. It has two slots on the side, and you can look on the inside. There appears to be contacts for wire, and if you turn it over it has the resemblace of a distributor cap so, so my guess is that it comes apart. I can see no other way to connect the wires to it??

Rennie


:thumbsup: :coffee2:
 
Upvote 0
Yep it looks like a dist. cap cover with the cap stuck inside.
 
Upvote 0
it looks like a distributor cap from a six cylinder international harvestor combine.
it had a 2 piece cap the outer cap was to prevent anything from hitting the connectors
the cap comes off and underneath the wires had a loop connector which was bolted on
which kept it from vibrating loose
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom