Frankyg

Jan 20, 2013
Isle Of Anglesey
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
GTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this cast bronze item metal detecting on an old farm. I know it's a long shot but does anyone have any ideas about who the figure is?

bronze face.jpg

im sorry i am probably looking at it wrong but looks like a baby goat face..facing right..and i cant see anything else like one of the optical illusion

Upvote 0
THE ORIGINAL WOLFMAN!

Upvote 0
I wonder if it is The Beast, from the story, Beauty and The Beast. The first written version was published in 1740.

Upvote 0
Looks to be a 16th or 17thc figure, based on the style of clothing of the gentleman.
Considering the location you're in, England I would assume, it may be a literary figure or a poet... possibly Shakespeare. :icon_scratch:

Dave

Attachments

• ad8fa219cc0e2ed87f087c78d09988ac.jpg
    ad8fa219cc0e2ed87f087c78d09988ac.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 48
  • _81731334_shakespeare-crop.jpg
    _81731334_shakespeare-crop.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 63
Upvote 0
I don't who it is... but man oh man he is so hairy...

So hairy that even bigfoot tried to solve this one.

Upvote 0
Seriously, It could be a crest badge or some kind of heraldic expression. Richard the Lion Hearted?

Upvote 0
When I visited Dernstein Austria I stayed in Richard the Lion Hearted's Castle. Now converted into an incredible B&B Stayed in a room overlooking the grounds and ruins of the walls that remain. Everything in the town was older than 1620. All I could think of was, what is under the dirt in this town. Sickness

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sir Loin of Beef ? Lord Buster of Bahls ? Baron of Grey Matter ? Duke of Earl ?

Upvote 0
Greetings Frankyg.

Try this website https://archive.org/details/fairbairnsbookof01fair/page/n6 . It has the best heraldic reference info
that I've found yet. I poked around a bit in Fairbairn's and looked at some of the lions and there are quite few of
them. You might have more luck there and you might try researching the history of the property around the find for
estates etc. If you could find some names you go into Fairbairn's and find the crests associated with them.

Good luck and good hunting! And remember we're not laughing at you, we're laughing with you! In this group we
experience chain reaction humor all the time. It's not that we don't take your post seriously it's that once it starts
it goes wild. I happen to think that all crest badges are BANNER material once they're identified with their proper
family.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back