What's new

any ideas are appreciated...

up north

Full Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2009
Messages
127
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Frozen Tundra
Detector(s) used
Whites's PRIZM V
Heathkit GP-45 Metal Locator
Garrett Ace 150
Pacific Northwest Insturments BH2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found near an old campground. This object is about 4 inches long, solid brass and has no writing on it We found a few wheat cents nearby from 20's and 30's.
 

Attachments

  • whazzit.webp
    whazzit.webp
    111.7 KB · Views: 635
  • Untitled-2.webp
    Untitled-2.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 503
a resized image
 

Attachments

  • Untitled-2.webp
    Untitled-2.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 616
Upvote 0
Something to do with viewing film?
 
Upvote 0
can you post a pic of the side view when you get a chance?.. thanks
 
Upvote 0
well maybe it is the part that hold's slide's for an old microscope? or some site for a transit? j.m.o.
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
Old cannon site? JMHO
 
Upvote 0
If it has numbers and a dial on the other side, I'm guessing EGG counter; LOL. Anyone who has lived and breathed on TNet for the last year will know what I'm talking about. Seriously, I too would like to see pics of the other side, and a side view. WELCOME to TNet! Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
If it has numbers and a dial on the other side, I'm guessing EGG counter; LOL. Anyone who has lived and breathed on TNet for the last year will know what I'm talking about. Seriously, I too would like to see pics of the other side, and a side view. WELCOME to TNet! Breezie
That's right Breezie! but this one doesn't hang on the fence, it looks like it screws into a post. LOL
 
Upvote 0
I'm thinking along the lines of something 'visual' too. I agree with Wolcott; I think it's an antique ophthalmoscope that is missing the handle. Nice find, Breezie
 

Attachments

  • AntiqueOpthamoligist.webp
    AntiqueOpthamoligist.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 489
  • loring scope.webp
    loring scope.webp
    4.6 KB · Views: 457
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
If it has numbers and a dial on the other side, I'm guessing EGG counter... LOL. Breezie
:BangHead: Please God, not again.
I actually thought of that thread when I saw this one ;D
 
Upvote 0
wolcottdigger said:
Looks like an old instrument for eye exams.
Breezie said:
I'm thinking along the lines of something 'visual' too. I agree with Wolcott; I think it's an antique ophthalmoscope that is missing the handle. Nice find, Breezie
green check
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to Tnet up north :hello: That's a very neat relic :icon_sunny:

Wolcottdigger & Breezie nailed this one :hello2: :hello2:

Here's the patent:

http://tinyurl.com/39hybq7
 
Upvote 0
In my opinion the only thing close to this being a ophthalmology tool is it's shape. Look at that spring on the face? It doesn't match the ends turn up and look to have had a wire between them or some thing else? I think more research need's to be done to id this. And I'm still looking, well that's my 2 cent's worth
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
Broken knee said:
In my opinion the only thing close to this being a ophthalmology tool is it's shape. Look at that spring on the face? It doesn't match the ends turn up and look to have had a wire between them or some thing else? I think more research need's to be done to id this. And I'm still looking, well that's my 2 cent's worth
Broken Knee

Are you refering to the spring described in the patent text 32), 33) ?
 
Upvote 0
I think its close enough but can we see a picture of the back and side?
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
557
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED From a shipwreck
Replies
2
Views
456

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom