What's new

Any ideas on this brass tag?"

vhs07

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
1,345
Reaction score
2,222
Golden Thread
0
Location
Victoria, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Cortez
Any ideas on this brass tag?"

Here’s a brass tag that’s about 1 ¾” in diameter. Marked “County Car 2” It has the remains or a nail of screw sill in it. Looks old. I’m wondering what this was used on? I wouldn’t think it came off an automobile. Any ideas?
-Charles
 

Attachments

  • 12272011 085.webp
    12272011 085.webp
    15 KB · Views: 486
  • 12272011 087.webp
    12272011 087.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 514
  • 12272011 088.webp
    12272011 088.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 573
Re: Any ideas on this brass tag?"

Yes I'd say Key fob,
Either for a County Police, or Government
"official"
Use Car
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Re: Any ideas on this brass tag?"

Thanks for the help. My first thought was it was attached to a key, but the nail or screw remains didn't make sense. I supposed it could of been bolted to a vehicle. I was also thinking the "car" might be something other than a vehicle though. Appreciate your thoughts.
-Charles
 
Upvote 0
Re: Any ideas on this brass tag?"

I'v found keys already with part of the ring Rusted into
the Hole on the Key.

I have No reason to Believe the ring can't Rust
fast to the Fob also.

Especially the early Key rings
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom