What's new

any ideas?

buzzgator

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
375
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
what period would this have been from? I have found flat buttons and a tag from 1909 and black glass in the same site...
 

Attachments

  • lead seal.webp
    lead seal.webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 280
  • lead seal.webp
    lead seal.webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 286
What is it? Sorta hard to tell. Thanks
 
Upvote 0
I'm guessing its a lead bale seal, but sort of hard to tell. Need better pics.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
it is a lead seal but what period would it have been from? it has no design or anything else on it just a small circular indentation along one side. sorry about the pictures one day I am going to invest in a decent camera instead of cell phone cam....
 
Upvote 0
buzzgator said:
it is a lead seal but what period would it have been from? it has no design or anything else on it just a small circular indentation along one side. sorry about the pictures one day I am going to invest in a decent camera instead of cell phone cam....


Hard to say because they were used for so many years. The only hint is it being thick, which means most likely after the Colonial period, possibly well after. There might be some early ones that are made similar, but odds are it's not really old.
 
Upvote 0
buzzgator said:
it is a lead seal but what period would it have been from? it has no design or anything else on it just a small circular indentation along one side. sorry about the pictures one day I am going to invest in a decent camera instead of cell phone cam....

I will be nearly impossible to date the item if it has no markings on it. Use the other relics found near it to make your best guess.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
buzzgator said:
it is a lead seal but what period would it have been from? it has no design or anything else on it just a small circular indentation along one side. sorry about the pictures one day I am going to invest in a decent camera instead of cell phone cam....


Hard to say because they were used for so many years. The only hint is it being thick, which means most likely after the Colonial period, possibly well after. There might be some early ones that are made similar, but odds are it's not really old.

agreed most likely no older than 1900.
 
Upvote 0
Piece of gum you washed?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom