reuellis Sr. Member Joined Jul 25, 2014 Messages 381 Reaction score 653 Golden Thread 0 Location Abandoned Teays River Valley, WV Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Dec 14, 2014 Thread Owner #1 Thanks for looking. Found in West Virginia:
T Tigger Hero Member Joined Mar 6, 2011 Messages 596 Reaction score 87 Golden Thread 0 Location N Central Fla Detector(s) used Ace 250 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 14, 2014 #2 Hmmm, cool! I like that whatever-it-was that bored into it too. I shall wait with you for the experts to tell us what it is.
Hmmm, cool! I like that whatever-it-was that bored into it too. I shall wait with you for the experts to tell us what it is.
austin Gold Member Joined Jul 9, 2012 Messages 5,399 Reaction score 3,509 Golden Thread 0 Location San Antonio, Texas Detector(s) used Garrett 250 Primary Interest: Other Dec 14, 2014 #3 Looks like coral...
Outlaw Metal Detector Greenie Joined Sep 9, 2012 Messages 18 Reaction score 11 Golden Thread 0 Location Mililani Hawaii Detector(s) used AT PRO & GTA 1000 ULTRA & GTA 500 Excal 2 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Dec 14, 2014 #4 I know what it is.. Its whales tooth.. And from the looks of the carving it is worth a lot of money Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
Harry Pristis Bronze Member Joined Feb 5, 2009 Messages 2,366 Reaction score 1,315 Golden Thread 0 Location Northcentral Florida Dec 15, 2014 #5 It's a solitary rugose coral, Paleozoic in age.
reuellis Sr. Member Joined Jul 25, 2014 Messages 381 Reaction score 653 Golden Thread 0 Location Abandoned Teays River Valley, WV Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Dec 15, 2014 Thread Owner #6 Thanks Harry! I usually post in the artifact section (found this hunting for points!) and that is what a couple on there thought. Any other things I should be looking for?
Thanks Harry! I usually post in the artifact section (found this hunting for points!) and that is what a couple on there thought. Any other things I should be looking for?
R River Bum Tenderfoot Joined Dec 15, 2014 Messages 4 Reaction score 1 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 15, 2014 #7 Agree with Harry, Rugose(horn coral)