Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
XP ORX

Garrett Carrot

XP MI6 Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, along with some nice buttons and an 1835 large cent, there were a few items that I have no clue what they might be.. and am hoping someone can shed some light on them.
Thanks very much!
MNIR3628.JPG LRCZ0766.JPG copper disc.JPG

The first is copper or brass, about 1 1/8" in diameter, and it appears as though each of the little cups used to rotate or pivot 90 degrees at one time. The inner hole is about 5/8". So there were eight of these little pivoting things on this ring. It's very strange, but I'll bet someone here has the answer.

The second is a copper or brass disc, 1" in diameter, 1/4" thick and weighs 25.8 grams. Stamped in it are XVII on the top half, and a P stamped on the lower half. The little bump in the center has a tiny hole in the center. The disc is slightly beveled on the edge like a sink stopper would be. It seems like it's a weight of some sort, but I have no clue.

Both items were dug today at a permission where we have dug large cents from 1817 to 1845, a KGII that looks like 1736, a Constellatio Nova 1783, several brass and gilded buttons, a three ring civil war bullet, scabbard tips and other goodies. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first one is an umbrella slide. The second may be a scale weight. Maybe an eyelet was in the small hole originally.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fourman110

Jun 22, 2013
Cedar Rapids IA area
Detector(s) used
Manticore
AT Pro
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Second one might be a scale weight. Roman numerals translate to 17. 17 pennyweight equals 26.438 grams which is pretty close....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

RussM

Oct 2, 2019
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
XP ORX

Garrett Carrot

XP MI6 Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys... I'm always amazed at how fast the replies fly in... much appreciated!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions