What's new

Any info on Odd shaped rocks i found

claw77

Greenie
Joined
Aug 19, 2012
Messages
11
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
I found these 3 rocks that are pretty much the same shape with these points all in the same general area and also 2 small triangle shaped rocks. Anyone have any info on what they might be?
 

Attachments

  • image-4255570466.webp
    image-4255570466.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 306
  • image-3009062314.webp
    image-3009062314.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 549
  • image-496049834.webp
    image-496049834.webp
    81.9 KB · Views: 544
Upvote 0
Are you sure the last two pieces aren't pottery? I can't tell their thickness.
 
They are about 1/4 of inch thick. The big one is a sandstone like material and the small one is a harder material.
 
What's your location ?
 
The three rocks that look the same shape where found close to the same spot. I've seen people find triangle looking sandstone rocks with arrow heads before. I was just curious to see if anyone else has found anything similar or knew any info on what it might be. Thanks for y'all's input.
 
North central texas. South of Dallas
 
Well I find them just like that usually near mine sites and I couldn't tell you either way if they are natural or not they still have me stumped they resemble the outside cortex of mined chert or flint so they IMHO are either just left overs from mining or could of been utilized as a tool but I have no proof of either haha I hope this information helps
 
The rocks look natural to me even with the shape of them. The sandstone piece does look like pottery but I find it in the creek where I hunt at. Its like a geofact for pottery. Sometimes its hard to tell them apart unless you have handled both of them together then you can tell the difference. The points look nice though.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom