Any Info On the Twilight Mine, So. Cal

Hello my friend,

Here is what I have: The Twilight Mine is located in Ventura County California, the closest incorporated town is Fillmore, the mine is located in the USGS Devils Heart Peak Quad, there is a creek near by called Spring Canyon Creek and there are several oil wells and a water tower too.
The gps coordinates are: N 34.50721 and W -118.88 the elevation above sea level is 3,044.
I should also note that the mine is smack in the middle of the Sespe Condor sanctuary and that there is a dirt road that passes right by it as seen by satellite imagery.

Good luck my friend.

Hey Rick,

I found some more info for you, send me your email via pm and I will forward the satellite image for you. If you start out on Rose Valley Lake road and follow it to NF-6n31 to Sespe River to Alder Creek to Squaw Flat, at the 3 way intersection of Squaw Flat and NF-6n16 take an unnamed dirt road to the left and follow it past 3 switchbacks and upon crossing the second creek you will see 6 white storage vessels and some low buildings on the right, just past these structures on the same side is a dirt road (looks unused) going to 3 old storage tanks, at the end of this road/fire break is the gps location for the mine, you will see this feature in the photo link I will send you.

Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back