What's new

Any info on this buckle

Gregg3131

Hero Member
Joined
May 24, 2015
Messages
706
Reaction score
3,750
Golden Thread
4
Location
Va
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited Edition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does not appear that old. Flat button for size. Says Franklin on it
 

Attachments

  • 20190228_173642.webp
    20190228_173642.webp
    823.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 20190228_173647.webp
    20190228_173647.webp
    781.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 20190228_173650.webp
    20190228_173650.webp
    791.6 KB · Views: 101
Those style buckles are typically school related buckles from the 1930's - 1940's era, although I have not been able to confirm that theory with your buckle.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 6.36.56 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 6.36.56 PM.webp
    124.1 KB · Views: 105
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 6.37.09 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 6.37.09 PM.webp
    144.9 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 0
Those style buckles are typically school related buckles from the 1930's - 1940's era, although I have not been able to confirm that theory with your buckle.
Thanks if it helps was found in Suffolk VA
 
Upvote 0
Staunton Military academy was in Staunton Virginia and was opened in 1884 and closed in 1976. Barry Goldwater went there.
 
Upvote 0
Stupid me. I thought the second post was the first. ::facepalm:: there is a Franklin Military Academy in Richmond. But that was established in 1980
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you can I.D. the backmark/maker, it might help you narrow down what 'FRANKLIN' refers to. :icon_scratch:

It may very well not be from
Suffolk VA, I have a feeling that it predates 1980.

Dave
 

Attachments

  • 20190228_173650-crop.webp
    20190228_173650-crop.webp
    151.3 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 0
Pretty cool relic and piece of History
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom