What's new

Any info on this button?

castletonking

Full Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
245
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
castleton vt.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe this is a button,idk if ist a flat button, a tombac.most of the buttons i see on here have some kind of marking on the back,this one has nothing and the shank is flattened out or broken. it was found in the field of a farm house built in 1704.I'm assuming its old.
 

Attachments

  • mail.webp
    mail.webp
    66.7 KB · Views: 920
  • mail.webp
    mail.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 901
Re: Is this a button?

I think that style construction, along with double solid rings is, from the 1820's - 1830's time frame, but I could be wrong.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Is this a button?

creskol said:
I think that style construction, along with double solid rings is, from the 1820's - 1830's time frame, but I could be wrong.
kool
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom