What's new

Any info?

Semroc

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 27, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Hello all. Great forum. Interesting reads all over here. This says Ming on the tag on the bottom but it doesn’t seem possible with this glaze. I’m just wondering what year it could’ve been made? Any information is appreciated. Thank you all. Take care.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1271.webp
    IMG_1271.webp
    4.1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1269.webp
    IMG_1269.webp
    3.6 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1270.webp
    IMG_1270.webp
    4.4 MB · Views: 51
Welcome to Tnet.

I don’t think there’s any way to reliably date it from the pictures, but I also don’t think it can be ruled out as Ming from the type of glaze. This one is said by the seller to be of that dynasty (unverified), but glazed stoneware vessels like this were being made through to at least the late 19th Century:

Ming.webp

 
Welcome to Tnet.

I don’t think there’s any way to reliably date it from the pictures, but I also don’t think it can be ruled out as Ming from the type of glaze. This one is said by the seller to be of that dynasty (unverified), but glazed stoneware vessels like this were being made through to at least the late 19th Century:

View attachment 2245819
Thank you very much Red-Coat. I appreciate the response and the welcome. I had no idea these were glazed like this so early. It’s a neat pot, that displays beautifully. Have a great day.
 
More pics. Thanks y’all. I bought it in Xi’an China in a little antique shop. Paid $40.00 for it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1265.webp
    IMG_1265.webp
    4.2 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1264.webp
    IMG_1264.webp
    3.6 MB · Views: 44

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom