Any more word on the "new" Tesoro machine weve been anticipating?

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wish they would drop us a hint.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
​I just found out that about a year ago Tesoro sold the company.. So i am a little behind..

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro as long as I've paid attention and I'm a loyal user, has held their cards very close until the new machine(s) were ready to offer to the public. I've given some thought to getting an Outlaw, but have been patiently waiting to see what pops up next, before deciding.
Luvsdux

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did they ever come out with the newer Golden uMax. I was told by Tesoro last May 2013 that they were still trying to find source(s) for some of the circuitry and that it would be out within 3 months. Curious if it ever happened?

tiderider

Oct 10, 2013
I really like my Golden umax, and with the CSC is hard to beat, I guess we will wait an see what they come out with,

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I have searched around and can find nothing about Tesoro selling the company. Weird

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think what is being confused is that James left the company and now Vince runs it. It's still in the family.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did they ever come out with the newer Golden uMax. I was told by Tesoro last May 2013 that they were still trying to find source(s) for some of the circuitry and that it would be out within 3 months. Curious if it ever happened?

Not yet... Still not available - but still listed on the website so I'm hopeful that they will eventually re-release it.

OP
OP
Dtektor

Dtektor

Jan 3, 2012
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero w/ 9x8 & 5.75 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did read on their Facebook page that the new name will be the: CAZADOR or "Hunter" in Spanish.

sandnut

Nov 17, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wanted to buy a Golden uMax but, waiting to see what the CAZADOR is all about. Then I will make my decision.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something new would be cool.

BUT right now I just want my Tejon back and in working order.

Just sent it off today tho.

Davers

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I ordered an Anderson carbon fiber rod set for my TGSL, looking forward to getting that unit up and running.

It's a new Tesoro to me.....

Talondale

Sep 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing all the different opinions people have posted on the wish list threads I've seen I'm not sure there's a win-win situation. Seems everyone wants their favorite model they use just tweaked with the few changes they wish their model had. Almost everyone is going to be disappointed to some degree. They may like the machine but, probability wise, it won't likely be what they wanted. The only common thing I've seen so far is dust-proof/water-resistant and different color scheme (but no agreement on what color scheme to use). LOL

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All i can say is I'm saving my money for Cazadors De Tesoros right now and it better be good. I want a Vaquero with a meter and multi tones and the depth of a Tejon but having the stability of the Vaquero. I have a Tejon and it is jumpy. I'm sending it to them to be checked. I love my Vaquero , so smooth , so stable and if they release something dopey , I will buy a T 2 and never look back. And note ; I have been using Tesoros since my first Inca and wore out three ElDorados.

Last edited:

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Cortes, Lobo Super Traq, Golden Umax 2.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Needless to say, we are working very hard, round-the-clock to put out the Cazador. We think this will be one of the biggest, if not THE biggest surprises in our company history."

Checking in....

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I suppose you have to keep a proper prospective in the fact that this is a David verses Goliath situation for them to roll out a new competitive detector. Several detector manufacturer are huge and world wide. Tesoro on the other hand , a small family owned business with 30 employees. If you look at the competition , I dont see how a little company can pull it off.

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
Folks the golden umax has been discontinued. It is no more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions