What's new

Any of you Aviation buffs know what this is used for?????????

worldtalker

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
21,617
Reaction score
31,162
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Come on now,there must be someone who knows!
 

Attachments

  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    57.5 KB · Views: 259
Pratt and whitney engines are usually found in airplanes and the button is a company logo.
 
Yes I know,I worked there for 27 years,BUT what is it USED for?
 
After working there for 27 years, you never asked :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

I guess it is some sort of lapel pin, or a token for customer appreciation :laughing7:
 
Folks I know what it is used for DO YOU??????This logo has changed over the years but has always been used for the same purpose!
 
The eagle has always been on the logo,originaly it said Pratt&WhitneyAircraft.It has always been used for ONE purpose only,Starting with the WASP Radial Piston Engines to todays Jet Engines.Don't believe Pratt&Whitney ever had anything to do with rifling machines.
 
OK guess yall are'nt interested enough.This is the last thing that goes on a completed Engine.They silver solder it on.
 
Engine badge... I found one a couple months back with no paint and the tips of the wings were cut off making the badge completely round. Will try and post some pics. It was found in south Texas at some properties next to a university, now slowly being turned into parking lots :sadsmiley:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom