Any one have any good pics of a venturi system?

finders.keepers

Oct 28, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Any one have any good pic's of a venturi system?

Hi there,

I am looking for some info, photos of a venturi system.
I was lucky enough to be given some nice stainless 3" components over 10 years ago but would like to see some good pic's of one set up.
I have googled and found some info but would like to see how the fine folks on TNet set it up.

Cheers

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Re: Any one have any good pic's of a venturi system?

what size venturi jet are you wanting to build? these are made tobe balanced to the pump your using.and i dont know how to figure that but assuming you are making a 4 inch venturi log ,a single jet is 3/4 inch in diameter and the logs length is figured out at 10 times the diameter of the hose diameter. so if your using a 4 inch hose ,the log needs tobe 40 inchs from the jet hole to the end of the log to get the optimen speed of the material/water. most people dont have them that long and mine is 36 inchs long and works fine. the 3/4 inch hole for this jet needs tobe at 11 degrees and pointed towards the dredge.if you make mulitiple jets for a 4 inch, just divide the "3/4" by the number of jets you want.i have 4 in mine to keep the material centered(hopefully) in the pipe.i hope this will help you.

EggyOG

Jan 18, 2007

:icon_study:
Don't just divide the 3/4 by the number of holes you want, you will underpower the dredge doing that. Three 1/4 inch holes does not equal one 3/4 inch hole. It's too late at night to do the math, but I'm guessing it would take seven or eight 1/4 inch holes to equal one 3/4 inch.
The easiest thing to do is order the jet from someone who deals in dredging products (hint, hint - I do ;D) so you can have a ready made, replaceable jet with the correct size holes pointing where they should. You would also then know which size pump to use. I built a lot of junk that I thought was good until I started using and dealing in professionally made equipment. I'm not saying you can't produce a great garage project, but some critical parts are just best purchased from a manufacturer who has already proven the system works.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri

i agree with your statement for most people and making their own equipment. i like to tinker and ive made my own stuff. my venturi(as stated in privious post) works fine. real good suction. getting it right isnt always easy! buying the part already done is the easiest and sometimes cheapest!

JamesE

Here's a shot of my 1 1/2''.

Attachments

• P2020014.JPG
    P2020014.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 281

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread