Any one know how to mod a bounty hunter pin pointer

Well I love Bounty Hunter but not so much the pin pointer.

You can open it up and you will find a led inside. You can drill small hole and remount it to give a visual

but I have not figured out how to increase the volume.

I actually found that I like my Centech better and seeing as I bought a handful a few years ago for about 10 bucks, I don't see me replacing any of them soon.

I don't know what harbor freight is charging now for them but it can't be much.

I have a centec & being left handed your hand covers up the speaker.

bula said:
I have a centec & being left handed your hand covers up the speaker.

OK, I am left handed too and have the carrying case on it but I still hear it.

Not trying to be funny and that is a first for me, maybe an adjustment may be in order, like use your right hand for pinpointing or use a visual indicator, like the led I mentioned or maybe go with a vibrating type probe.

The thing to remember is that both of these probes are super cheap and are "no frills".

Sometimes you got to pay the cost to be the boss and in this case it looks like you need one of
those $100 plus pin pointers.

Best of luck to you and HH

I think your are Right jeep, I need to spend the money for one of the high dollar ones. After 20 + years of shooting my hearing is shot & with the arthritis I can barley feel the vibration. Your reply got me thinking so I went out to the truck to get my older bounty hunter to see if I could mod it. I keep a large camo bag with the extras like pin pointers batts & coils. There were two in the bag a bounty & a centech along with batteries, gloves & a small digger. Gone some sob stole it out of the truck while I was mding. Damm lucky that my extra coil was not in there.

Hi, Simple just build a small amplifier circuit with a surface mount LM-356 or similar IC....Your choice of design will depend on your operating voltage and the room inside to work with....Thanks....JJ

jimmyjiver said:
Hi, Simple just build a small amplifier circuit with a surface mount LM-356 or similar IC....Your choice of design will depend on your operating voltage and the room inside to work with....Thanks....JJ

:dontknow:

:icon_scratch:

:director2: :happy1:

Jeep said:
Well I love Bounty Hunter but not so much the pin pointer.

You can open it up and you will find a led inside. You can drill small hole and remount it to give a visual

but I have not figured out how to increase the volume.

I actually found that I like my Centech better and seeing as I bought a handful a few years ago for about 10 bucks, I don't see me replacing any of them soon.

I don't know what harbor freight is charging now for them but it can't be much.

Just bought 2 of the Centec pointers, one for my Mom & one as a backup. Total with shipping was around $40.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back