What's new

Any one use or seen this Sluice before

Bodfish Mike

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2014
Messages
524
Reaction score
1,444
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked it up at a yard sale.
It's made by Gold Grizzly Mfg - feed end is 18" wide exit end is 10" - drop riffle.
I did a google image search and can't find one.
Have not used it yet and thinking about putting in front of my Keen a51.
Cheers Mike
sluice2.webp

sluice.webp
 
Picked it up at a yard sale.
It's made by Gold Grizzly Mfg - feed end is 18" wide exit end is 10" - drop riffle.
I did a google image search and can't find one.
Have not used it yet and thinking about putting in front of my Keen a51.
Cheers Mike
View attachment 2215495
View attachment 2215494
Let us know how well this works for you. What angle are you planning on using the plastic trap?

Looks like it would be easy to connect to your sluice box.
 
Any update on gold grizzly sluice?
 
I’d be surprises if it doesn’t catch gold but also surpris did if it catches all the gold. Getting more narrow from top to bottom is a dumb idea since the water will speed up when you’d rather it was slowing down!
 
I’d be surprises if it doesn’t catch gold but also surpris did if it catches all the gold. Getting more narrow from top to bottom is a dumb idea since the water will speed up when you’d rather it was slowing down!
And what's with that weird molded expanded mesh? To me, that says "We don't know what we are doing, but it looks good".
 
And what's with that weird molded expanded mesh? To me, that says "We don't know what we are doing, but it looks good".
Hay it did not cost extra for the molded expanded mesh.......... :laughing7:
Still the extra few feet can help.
 
I’d be surprises if it doesn’t catch gold but also surpris did if it catches all the gold. Getting more narrow from top to bottom is a dumb idea since the water will speed up when you’d rather it was slowing down!
Good point Kevin - maybe it will help in low flow.

Regarding a post long ago from you , how far did you hike up Clear Creek ?
I did not get that far because of Poison Oak and Rattlesnakes - found some specks.
Cheers Mike
 
Good point Kevin - maybe it will help in low flow.

Regarding a post long ago from you , how far did you hike up Clear Creek ?
I did not get that far because of Poison Oak and Rattlesnakes - found some specks.
Cheers Mike
Sorry but I don’t remember that post. There are multiple Clear Creeks in Colorado. Neither have poison oak to my memory. Can you remind me?
 
Sorry but I don’t remember that post. There are multiple Clear Creeks in Colorado. Neither have poison oak to my memory. Can you remind me?
Kevin, this was on the Kern river in CA.
I'm pretty sure it was you but I could be wrong it was a long time ago.
Clear Creek is a feeder into the Kern
Cheers Mike
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom