Any opinions on the Fisher F75 LTD?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm liking mine. I have one of the first out F75s that I sent back for the full $309 upgrade to an F75LTD2. For my coin shooting needs it is a great tool. Simple to use or you can tweak it for more specialized work. The menu is straight-forward and all "on one page" and it's simple to do a full reset every time you use it and quickly tailor it to the conditions - or just run with the defaults.

Mine has been wearing a NEL SharpSoooter DD coil and that is a great combo. Options like SunRay and NEL after-market products are a big plus at times.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I think Loco Digger uses that machine as his primary. He should chime in here in a bit...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been swinging the F75 LTD SE for a couple of years and it is my go-to detector. I am so in tune with it that I rarely pick up the Deus. When I first bought the F75, I had dreams of big coils and using the boost process for getting real deep. Two years later, I seldom use boost process for more than getting a better ID on iffy signals now. I have been using the 5"DD coil for about the last 3 weeks and have been hitting sites that I have gridded numerous times before and am pulling keepers with the small coil. The small coil gets amazing depth (for it's size) and great separation (due to it's size). Mine was an older model that I paid Fisher $150 for the DST upgrade. The FA process was also added (Fast Audio) I like to think of it as Fast Action. It's the process I use when I am using the small coil. It is more susceptible to EMI, but it continues to amaze me.

The Brick house was gridded in 3 directions using the stock coil and again in 2 directions using my 15" x 12" SEF coil. I have randomly swung the stock coil in all metal mode and though I cleaned out this site, but no, just look at Sunday's post. The 5" coil sniffed out a Buffalo nickel and another Merc.

Back in mid summer I hit some curb strips with the stock coil and pulled a 1780 1/2 real along with about 50 coins total. I went back a couple of weekends ago and hit the same curb strips using the FA process and the small coil. I pulled another 50 coins.

The F75 takes 4 AA batteries so in my eyes it's cheaper to use than the F4 I used to swing. The F4 takes two 9v batteries. One time I forgot to bring spare batteries with me and after about 30 minutes of hunting the batteries died in the F4. Driving 25 miles home was not an option so I paid over 8 bucks for two 9V batteries (at the local hardware store) so I could continue to hunt. Needless to say my clad total for the day was about enough to cover the battery expense where as 4 AA batteries would have been much cheaper.

Most of the people I hunt with here on Tnet use either the XP Deus, CTX 3030, or E-Trac. My F75 competes well with all them. When I hunted in NC over Thanksgiving weekend my F75 with the 5" coil sniffed out a 40% Kennedy that others did not dig, a few feet away I pulled a coin spill that one of those guys should have heard and dug.

Yes I love my F75. I traded my boat that has been sitting for years for the XP Deus. Could not pass up the deal, but it is too complicated to loan to a permission owner. The Deus is a great detector and I do use it on occasion, more as a beep and dig machine to hunt previously pounded sites since I am still in the learning the Deus. I think I'd use it more if the target VDI numbers were more like the Fisher ones that I am used to. Maybe they will create a program upgrade to have the VDI target numbers to be more aligned with the Fisher and or other brands. If I had to get rid of all my detectors except for one, I'd still be swinging my F75 at the end of the day.

I normally run it with the sensitivity at 65, Discriminate 1 thru 10, 4 tones. If I am on rutty ground I often use (PF) Plowed Field Mode. When I swing the large or stock coils I use either DE or PF mode (DE = Default Process).

If I am hunting and the batteries die in the F75, in a minute or two I am back in business, but if your coil charge dies when you are using the Deus, you are dead in the water.

All of the big manufacturers make high end detectors that are capable of detecting deep. It is pretty much your choice as to what weight you want to swing, the tones you like to hear, the Data you want to see on the screen, and the available options.

I was torn between the T2SE and the F75SE. I was ready to pull the trigger on a T2 when I ran into a great deal on the F75 LTD SE. The F75 keeps your last setting and has a lighted screen where the T2 needs to be reset every time you turn it on and does not have the lighted screen. The T2 has an iron range of 1 thru 40 where the F75 is 1 thru 15. That is one of the reasons why the T2 is regarded as more of a relic detector and the F75 series is more of a coin shooter. From reading many posts here, the T2 does well in coin shooting as the F75 does in relic hunting.

It was an easy upgrade for me since I went from the Fisher F4 to the F75. Honestly my F4 would have found most of the coins I dug over the past 2 years. it may not have hit good on the 10 inch deep French 5 Francs (that was buried on an angle though.

I am still pondering the thought of getting an FBS detector (Minelab) to add to my arsenal, who knows. I was quite impressed with Terry's take on the Makro Racer 2. When the original Racer first came out many bought them and I saw them hitting ebay soon after. Sometimes we just need to keep what we are used to instead of chasing dreams.

I hope I did not ramble too much, PM me your phone number and I will call if you want to talk more on this subject.

If you have a Metal Detector dealer near you, it may be beneficial for you to go there, pick them up, turn them on and take them for a test drive.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW, sorry for writing a book, it did not look that long when I typed it.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been swinging the F75 LTD SE for a couple of years and it is my go-to detector. I am so in tune with it that I rarely pick up the Deus. When I first bought the F75, I had dreams of big coils and using the boost process for getting real deep. Two years later, I seldom use boost process for more than getting a better ID on iffy signals now. I have been using the 5"DD coil for about the last 3 weeks and have been hitting sites that I have gridded numerous times before and am pulling keepers with the small coil. The small coil gets amazing depth (for it's size) and great separation (due to it's size). Mine was an older model that I paid Fisher $150 for the DST upgrade. The FA process was also added (Fast Audio) I like to think of it as Fast Action. It's the process I use when I am using the small coil. It is more susceptible to EMI, but it continues to amaze me.

The Brick house was gridded in 3 directions using the stock coil and again in 2 directions using my 15" x 12" SEF coil. I have randomly swung the stock coil in all metal mode and though I cleaned out this site, but no, just look at Sunday's post. The 5" coil sniffed out a Buffalo nickel and another Merc.

Back in mid summer I hit some curb strips with the stock coil and pulled a 1780 1/2 real along with about 50 coins total. I went back a couple of weekends ago and hit the same curb strips using the FA process and the small coil. I pulled another 50 coins.

The F75 takes 4 AA batteries so in my eyes it's cheaper to use than the F4 I used to swing. The F4 takes two 9v batteries. One time I forgot to bring spare batteries with me and after about 30 minutes of hunting the batteries died in the F4. Driving 25 miles home was not an option so I paid over 8 bucks for two 9V batteries (at the local hardware store) so I could continue to hunt. Needless to say my clad total for the day was about enough to cover the battery expense where as 4 AA batteries would have been much cheaper.

Most of the people I hunt with here on Tnet use either the XP Deus, CTX 3030, or E-Trac. My F75 competes well with all them. When I hunted in NC over Thanksgiving weekend my F75 with the 5" coil sniffed out a 40% Kennedy that others did not dig, a few feet away I pulled a coin spill that one of those guys should have heard and dug.

Yes I love my F75. I traded my boat that has been sitting for years for the XP Deus. Could not pass up the deal, but it is too complicated to loan to a permission owner. The Deus is a great detector and I do use it on occasion, more as a beep and dig machine to hunt previously pounded sites since I am still in the learning the Deus. I think I'd use it more if the target VDI numbers were more like the Fisher ones that I am used to. Maybe they will create a program upgrade to have the VDI target numbers to be more aligned with the Fisher and or other brands. If I had to get rid of all my detectors except for one, I'd still be swinging my F75 at the end of the day.

I normally run it with the sensitivity at 65, Discriminate 1 thru 10, 4 tones. If I am on rutty ground I often use (PF) Plowed Field Mode. When I swing the large or stock coils I use either DE or PF mode (DE = Default Process).

If I am hunting and the batteries die in the F75, in a minute or two I am back in business, but if your coil charge dies when you are using the Deus, you are dead in the water.

All of the big manufacturers make high end detectors that are capable of detecting deep. It is pretty much your choice as to what weight you want to swing, the tones you like to hear, the Data you want to see on the screen, and the available options.

I was torn between the T2SE and the F75SE. I was ready to pull the trigger on a T2 when I ran into a great deal on the F75 LTD SE. The F75 keeps your last setting and has a lighted screen where the T2 needs to be reset every time you turn it on and does not have the lighted screen. The T2 has an iron range of 1 thru 40 where the F75 is 1 thru 15. That is one of the reasons why the T2 is regarded as more of a relic detector and the F75 series is more of a coin shooter. From reading many posts here, the T2 does well in coin shooting as the F75 does in relic hunting.

It was an easy upgrade for me since I went from the Fisher F4 to the F75. Honestly my F4 would have found most of the coins I dug over the past 2 years. it may not have hit good on the 10 inch deep French 5 Francs (that was buried on an angle though.

I am still pondering the thought of getting an FBS detector (Minelab) to add to my arsenal, who knows. I was quite impressed with Terry's take on the Makro Racer 2. When the original Racer first came out many bought them and I saw them hitting ebay soon after. Sometimes we just need to keep what we are used to instead of chasing dreams.

I hope I did not ramble too much, PM me your phone number and I will call if you want to talk more on this subject.

If you have a Metal Detector dealer near you, it may be beneficial for you to go there, pick them up, turn them on and take them for a test drive.

Good write up Loco :)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To clarify the F75 types

F75 LTD is a stock F75 which is either all black or camou pattern

The F75 SE comes with the Boost Process

The standard F75 does not have Boost and comes with the gold color upper rod. Now being advertised as the 85th anniversary model

My F75 LTD SE is black and came with the boost process.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions