I had one when I was a teen, definitely not detecting related.
I had this wall of speakers and covering the faces was a nice bolt of red satin material, looked pretty classy. Used to crank out the tunes for hours on end and get stoned, mess with girls ect. So anyhow one day I was doing some curls with a one armed weight setup, my head was down so I got done with that, ready for the other arm and I looked up, I looked at the red satin and almost froze cold.
You know how lines and creases kinda run through satin, well they formed a complete, detailed image of hell. Front and center was Lucifer, he was in a crouch with a pitchfork, you could even see the tail with a triangle on the end, you could see rippled muscles, he was jacked. He had his warped minions all around him, and the damned were all over the place, in various staged of torture and agony, smoke,flames and flying demons in the background.
I did a double and triple take, blink my eyes, shook my head, every time I opened them back up, there it was. So I told my sister about it and she took a look and said you know, people can see all kinds of stuff, its just lines and you see what you want to see. I said no look, theres the devil, theres the tail, theres the flames ect, she didn't see it - At first. When she finally saw it she almost turned blue and said oh my god, get rid of that thing.
I did exactly that, I took it to a park down the street and saw this guy, wasn't really a friend but I knew him, asked me if I had any weed I said sure and we smoked a bit, so I couldn't resist telling him about the thing which I had laying on the table. So just like my sister at first he couldn't see it and thought I was nuts but when he saw it he said oh my god, thats incredible, how much you want for it ? I said not looking to sell it, I am going to destroy it. He said no thats too cool don't, he talked me out of it for $40, which was a great payday for a 15 year old.
So I went back home and regretted selling it, I thought man, whatever it is is going to come back unless I destroy it. So I went back to the park and the guy was still there, showing it to other guys. I told him I want it back and I'll give him the money back, he said no way and I said yes way. He ended up getting belligerent so I ended up thumping him on the head and taking it back, after that didn't feel he deserved his money back either. So I went back home and took it in my garage, later that evening when no one was at the park I dug a little hole, put it in, squirted it with lighter fluid and set it ablaze, then filled the hole back in.
So never got haunted again with anything like that, near as I can figure, maybe we were all imagining it, but it was so very detailed. On the other hand, I cranked out lots and lots of hard rock through those speakers and into the cloth, including lots of Black Sabbath. Maybe all of that energized it from beyond, who knows ? But after that, I had alot of skulls and crap lying around, also had a Black Sabbath mirror with a pentagram, after that I tossed out anything I considered devilish, haven't had a problem since.