BladeRunner2019
Hero Member
- Joined
- Dec 22, 2013
- Messages
- 745
- Reaction score
- 1,776
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- North Carolina
- Detector(s) used
- XP Deus, Equinox 800
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Hi all.
I found this a few weeks ago a couple hundred yards from a rail line where a civil war battle occurred. I'd like to be able to nail down which rail line it came from.
The top has P.A.L. (I'm not positive on the L though.)
The middle could be N.C. but the N is pretty worn. NC would make sense as it was found kinda near Raleigh, NC.
There isn't any lettering on the other side.
I looked at the defunct rail lines on this page, but didn't see any obvious "PAL" lines. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_Carolina_railroads
Any thoughts on what rail line this seal may be from?
Thanks,
Bill
I found this a few weeks ago a couple hundred yards from a rail line where a civil war battle occurred. I'd like to be able to nail down which rail line it came from.
The top has P.A.L. (I'm not positive on the L though.)
The middle could be N.C. but the N is pretty worn. NC would make sense as it was found kinda near Raleigh, NC.
There isn't any lettering on the other side.I looked at the defunct rail lines on this page, but didn't see any obvious "PAL" lines. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_Carolina_railroads
Any thoughts on what rail line this seal may be from?
Thanks,
Bill







