What's new

ANY ROCK GURUS OUT THERE - GOT THESE from an old dig site

jog

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
1,367
Reaction score
682
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANY ROCK GURU'S OUT THERE - GOT THESE from an old dig site

Dug these out of an old dig site. Possible Spanish mine. They were in the tailing heap. I can't tell if they have been heated or if that's just how there supposed to be. Any help would be great.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1257.webp
    IMG_1257.webp
    88.1 KB · Views: 687
  • IMG_1256.webp
    IMG_1256.webp
    74.3 KB · Views: 680
Re: ANY ROCK GURU'S OUT THERE - GOT THESE from an old dig site

Jog I most likely will be able to get you an ID for those, but can you provide a locality (the geologist will want to know this info). Pm me it if you don't want that info widely known.
 
Re: ANY ROCK GURU'S OUT THERE - GOT THESE from an old dig site

Sent pm, These are very different than anything around the area where I found these.
 
Re: ANY ROCK GURU'S OUT THERE - GOT THESE from an old dig site

Jog,
My guess (I'm not a geologist) would be granite. I have several pieces of it around here. Granite. There. Now that I've said it, do I need to salt my boot? TTC
 
Re: ANY ROCK GURU'S OUT THERE - GOT THESE from an old dig site

I have been told that they are altered igneous rock. I was hoping for something a little more intersting than that so I guess I will be salting my boot right along with you. Thanks for looking, and the input. It's allways better to have to much than not enough.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom