What's new

Any sign of modification?

Henryadams1492

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2017
Messages
24
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not an expert on lithics so I'm looking for your help. This was found on a site but don't have the expertise to determine if it's been modified. I think it's chert, from Wisconsin.
Any idea?
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    70.7 KB · Views: 126
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    68.2 KB · Views: 116
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    75.1 KB · Views: 93
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    77.6 KB · Views: 116
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    157.1 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0
Well I'm not an expert but the first two are for sure... Might just be flakes or broke pieces... Remember where you found them there's something else there
 
Well I'm not an expert but the first two are for sure... Might just be flakes or broke pieces... Remember where you found them there's something else there

I agree...looks like flakes from making something else. My friend found the coolest chert knife I've ever seen. 20 years later I'm pretty sure I'm finding the flakes from where it was made.

You are in a good spot......
 
I'm with Coosakid on the first two pictures and the third one kind of reminds me of a bladelet. It looks like you are in a great place for sure!
 
Here's what I be seein': counting horizontally, 1, 2, 4 and 5 are the same piece. It and 3 both have flaking and are small flake knives.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom